SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just snagged a DPM system for the 210A off fleabay for 30.00 shipped ... just wondering if it is missing any pieces. I've never bought one of these before. I figure there must be a reason for that price. It was an impulse buy. Does it sound like anything is missing here?

Description says "DPM Springs Recoil Rod Reduction Systems Sig Sauer P210A standard weight (bare). comes with 4 sig sauer standard light springs and 2 washers. Condition is New."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174429969982

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks like you have everything that is listed on the company web site.
The price, for new worries me, as this item retails for $120.
The company shows three springs, and the ebay shows 4.
I wonder what "bare" means?
I wonder if this system really reduces the recoil. Please post what you think after you try it out.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The ad is very vague and poorly worded. It shows the stainless rod, but for $18, it's hard to believe that you get the full system.
I think that you could return if you file with ebay. showing a picture of the system is not cool. It may not be worth your time once you pay to return the purchase.
I hope you get the system.
If you got screwed, I would use feedback to blast him.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked the seller if it came with everything from the retail package... he said it only comes with the standard washers and light springs because he keeps the heavy ones. Does not communicate all that well (does not seem intentional). Still not clear if the system is in there. I'll find out when it shows up.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The system is supposed to come with the 3 different length, two washers (thin and wide) and the recoil reduction rod, which is the heart of the system.

The idea is you start with the short spring and the thin washer, after 15,000 rounds install the middle length, and after another 15,000 install the long spring. After 45,000 rounds the spring inside the rod is shot and you replace the entire system.

The two washers allow you to adjust the recoil weight up by about 4# by installing the wide washer. They recommend starting with the thin washer. If your brass is flying into the next state, try the wide washer. I use the thin washer and my P210 runs just fine.

Without the DPM rod, the springs and washers are useless, IMHO.

Update: I misspoke above, the three springs are three different lengths, not three different weights. The above post is revised to reflect this correction.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just noticed ... on the eBay invoice he added that "your recoil rod will ship as soon as you make payment."

So it sounds like I am getting light springs, standard washers, and the dpm rod (hopefully).

·
Registered
941 Posts
Assuming the rod is new, with the short spring (I assume this is what the seller is calling "light") and the thin washer, you should be good for 15,000 rounds.

Considering what SIG charges for a P210A recoil spring assembly (~$50), and they recommend replacement every 3,000 rounds, you still got a good deal.

If he had 4 short ("light") springs it means he bought 4 of these DPM Systems. It's odd that he would buy a complete system, and then sell the rod. I hope this isn't an old rod.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, it showed up today. Looks like two standard and two short springs, the system, and two standard washers. The rod is labeled DPM on both sides on the end nearest the chamber. Looks new. All stainless steel.

I installed it with the short spring and the washer. Feels a bit weird compared to the OEM ... easier to rack the slide but it goes more firmly back into battery. Have not shot it yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
If it is the real deal, you get a GREAT price.
I winder if it feels any different when fired.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It works

I wonder if this system really reduces the recoil. Please post what you think after you try it out.
Well, I don't know about using it on the P210, but I bought one for my P239. I have barrels for .357Sig and also for 9mm.

Initially, I had a problem with rod getting chewed up inside. Never did find out what was chewing it up. Emailed DPM customer service and they were excellent. Got a new replacement just like the old AND a new set with longer rod that was updated and did not cause the rod to get chewed up. 2 brand new recoil rods!

So at the range my friend was the guinea pig. I told him I would secretly put either the oem recoil rod in or the DPM rod in. He had to tell me which was which. He was shooting 5 rds each, 9mm. The first mag was the oem. The second mag was the DPM. The 3rd mag was the oem again. He nailed each one. Once he fired the 2nd mag with the DPM, he could tell which was the recoil reducer and which was oem. Actually after the first shot with the 2nd mag, he told me the recoil was less and guessed it was the DPM. He said he felt about a 10% reduction in felt recoil over oem!

YMMV but this proved to me that it does work. I did not go through this test myself. My friend has been shooting for decades and has a lot of experience. Also, I do not have any interest with DPM. I will say they handled my complaint very well.

Would love to hear your experience with the DPM.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorta worried about tossing an aftermarket part in my P210 . . . but I will give it a try tomorrow and see how it works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts