SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I replaced the stock grips on my P239 with a brand new set of G10 (checkered) grips today. In doing so, I knocked off the decocker lever. Once I had that reassembled and I shot about 100 rounds through it. I like the grips, but about 50% of the time, the slide would not lock back when the magazine was empty. Never had that problem before.

Any thoughts as to why that may be happening?

***Edit: Some additional research suggests that, due to the new grips, I may have altered my grip and I am now riding the lever with my thumb. I suspect this is the case since when doing drills where I loaded only one cartridge at a time, the slide locked every time. It was only when emptying a full mag that I had the issue, which I thought was odd at the time. I will see if that is the problem next time I go to the range.***

·
Premium Member
7,597 Posts
So, do you think you have it nailed down to your grip then? I was thinking of G10s on my P239 as well, but if it's causing issues .....

Do you have any pictures to share with the new grips on ?

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Installing the left side grip panel on the P239 can be a bit tricky feeding it under the decocking lever. If you think installing G10s is tough, try installing the black rubber grip. That's a real Chinese puzzle.

I doubt the G10s are causing the failure to lock back. More likely as you suspect it's your grip. Had a similar issue with my 239 and resolved it as described in this thread: http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-gunsmithing/47092-p239-slide-lock-lever-mod.html.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have to be careful with my grip on the P239 also. I tend to push on the slide lock.

·
Registered
15,553 Posts
My P239 has a DAK Trigger so when I took off the Rubber Finger Grips and switched to the G10s without the Decocker cut out Things got a lot better. I Hate those Rubber Finger Grips.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have to be careful with my grip on the P239 also. I tend to push on the slide lock.
I would say this is pretty much the problem.

I have 3 grips for my p239 - rubber, plastic and G10. Only the G10 (and not 100% of the time) gives me a problem and will not lock back on the last round. I have tried 3-4 different mags. Never have the issue (using the same mags) with the plastic or rubber grips.

I believe the problem is the G10 grips are so thin (which is a nice problem to have in most cases) but my hands are on the large size which cause my thumb to interfere with the slide release on recoil. I was actually thinking about selling them because of that reason and stick with the rubber grips. Someone with medium or small hands may find the G10s very appealing.

·
Premium Member
7,597 Posts
I like that look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts