SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't use an AR crush washer, you need to thread the mount on so that the back mates up directly to the shoulder behind the threads. Clean the rifle and mount threads, apply the Rocksett that came with the mount, and torque it down.

The flash hider itself is what gets the crush washer (that came with the mount), just put the washer on the flash hider threads, and tighten down till the flash hider is either bottomed out, or timed to your preference.

:thumbsu:

·
Read Only
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
greetings ... attached a copy of the manual which came with the flash-hider QD's ...
I think it may be on wrong then. The super thin washer goes inside for the flash, but look at my barrel, and it looks like the AR15 crush washer was put on.
I had a gunsmith do this..
Still, I should have gotten instructions.

Attachments

·
Read Only
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

Re Installed to Sigs directions.
The armorer stated he did do it the other way do to other Sig people not liking the fact it buts right up to barrel without a washer to protect barrel, and that they (the customers) didnt think the muzzle adapter would be tight enough with just roxcet. They felt the tapered parts didnt fully seat. He as a man of business, will do what the customer wants.
Anyways, would be interesting to see the measurements if the tapered part of break, and barrel taper of barrel mate up to properly secure the adapter.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
@ Steve40th ... STOP .. Do not spend money on that "tool" => buy ammo instead!

IF YOUR GS HAS NOT TORQUED THE QD BASE TO THE BARREL DO THIS:
go to Lowes and get a "crow-foot" 3/4" open-end wrench which you will use with a torque wrench to torque your QD base onto the barrel. => ONLY to 20-30 ft/lb torque.

Insert the crush washer as depicted in the posted instructions, tighten by hand, then use a 7/8" open-end wrench (see picture 2) to "time" your flash-hider to the correct position (see picture 3).
Use the 3/4" wrench to hold the QD base in place. (see picture 1)
If in doubt read the previously posted instruction again

You want the flat portion of any of the 3 prongs perpendicular with the ground to prevent dust/debris to be kicked up.

IF YOU ARE OCD USE A LITTLE PAINTERS TAPE ON THE WRENCH FACES SO YOU WONT SCRATCH THE QD OR FLASH HIDER
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am assuming you have a SIG STD762TI-QD silencer - right?
A WORD OF CAUTION: as with any silencer MAKE SURE (especially with this particular model) that it is FULLY "twisted" onto the base. This model with the "nifty" press button/latch likes to catch the coarse thread and fool you into thinking it is all the way on => to avoid this and a possible baffle strike, depress the latch until you have a firm/positive resistance against the QD angled face.

·
Read Only
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ Steve40th ... STOP .. Do not spend money on that "tool" => buy ammo instead!

IF YOUR GS HAS NOT TORQUED THE QD BASE TO THE BARREL DO THIS:
go to Lowes and get a "crow-foot" 3/4" open-end wrench which you will use with a torque wrench to torque your QD base onto the barrel. => ONLY to 20-30 ft/lb torque.

Insert the crush washer as depicted in the posted instructions and use a 7/8" open-end wrench (see picture 2) to "time" your flash-hider to the correct position (see picture 3). Use the 3/4" wrench to hold the QD base in place. (see picture 1)

You want the flat portion of any of the 3 prongs perpendicular with the ground to prevent dust/debris to be kicked up.

IF YOU ARE OCD USE A LITTLE PAINTERS TAPE ON THE WRENCH FACES SO YOU WONT SCRATCH THE QD OR FLASH HIDER
Thanks. I didnt think a wrench would fit. Going to check in a few minutes.

·
Read Only
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am assuming you have a SIG STD762TI-QD silencer - right?
A WORD OF CAUTION: as with any silencer MAKE SURE (especially with this particular model) that it is FULLY "twisted" onto the base. This model with the "nifty" press button/latch likes to catch the coarse thread and fool you into thinking it is all the way on => to avoid this and a possible baffle strike, depress the latch until you have a firm/positive resistance against the QD angled face.

Yes, that is the suppressor, but not in Ti.
Thankx

·
Registered
98 Posts
... good job ... it looks like you can tighten the flash-hider just about another few mm ... (looking at the picture it appears there is still a little space to "crush" the washer a little bit ...

·
Read Only
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will try 8n the morning. Is there a torque, besides the torque for other piece?. Directions dont say

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nope ... no torque ... once you screw the flash-hider portion hand tight onto the QD, you should have approx 1 1/2 full revolution to time it correctly.

·
Read Only
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Nope ... no torque ... once you screw the flash-hider portion hand tight onto the QD, you should have approx 1 1/2 full revolution to time it correctly.

So tighten it by hand, then turn it to time it.. Got it.
I am going to get some more crush washers too, any idea what size before I call Sig, as I will be doing another one on the 300Blk rifle, and I crushed it already too far. I dont want to loosen it and re tighten.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts