SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a source for recoil springs for a P220 Elite Hunter 10mm? Came with a purple spring. Have checked many places with no luck. Sig does not list them as available parts either. Thought I would ask before calling Sig CS.

·
Registered
55,903 Posts
i've used purple or blue with 40/357sig but maybe things/springs have changed.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Since it's a fairly new model, they don't have them listed yet, but I guarantee if you call Sig CS, you could order them, as they would have to be available for the "repair" of the weapons by the technicians. Just as they don't have a parts breakdown on the website, any part for a current model will be available, if you call, unless they are currently out of stock, but on order.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
I have not seen replacement recoil assemblies for the P220 10mm pistols since they were released.

The part number may exist to purchase, but it has never been on SIG's online store nor have I ever found a place that listed them.

I do not even know the weight of the recoil spring on the P220 10mm.

If you get the part number for the assembly, let us know what it is.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not going to replace it right away. I usually have a few spare parts on hand for some pistols and recoil springs is one of them. Especially if I might use that gun on a hunting trip. Most good gun smith's probably have common recoil springs like for a 1911 on hand. The P220 in 10MM not so much.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
Not going to replace it right away. I usually have a few spare parts on hand for some pistols and recoil springs is one of them. Especially if I might use that gun on a hunting trip. Most good gun smith's probably have common recoil springs like for a 1911 on hand. The P220 in 10MM not so much.
It isn't exactly "unheard of" for a spring to fail. I like to keep spares myself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I keep a complete spring kit spare for all my guns. You never know what could fail.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
I keep a complete spring kit spare for all my guns. You never know what could fail.
But none of us have found the recoil springs for the 10mm P220. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was messing with my Sig Sauer P220 10MM Hunter yesterday and thought to call them about the purple recoil springs. Though not listed they are for sale as a assembly with guide rod. Someone here asked for a part number if I ordered one and I did. Invoice shows it as "Item Number 1202817-R.....Recoil Spring Guide Assy, 220, 10MM" Price $50.00 plus $5.95 shipping. So there you go!

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
$50????

Since you are replacing the old one, and if you have the tools, see if you can disassemble the old one. I would like to see how they are assembled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts