SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined up and my first post. I bought my first Sig yesterday. It's a P365 SAS. I am having a problem reassembling it. When I bring the slide back to the body, it will slide to within a half inch of fully attached and wont go any further.

I have tried to manipulate the take down screw and the slide release to no avail. It has been properly lubricated.

I have tried searching on this forum and the internet in general and have watched several videos and cannot figure out the problem.

I own several pistols and have never had this kind of problem before.

Thank you
Roy

·
Banned
47 Posts
It may be the safety lever on the right hand side sticking up that may be preventing it. Its a little thin black piece just behind the ejection port.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Ive also had this issue after cleaning the spring assembly and the spring being out of place with the guide rod. Try rotating the spring until its seated correctly on the rod.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't see a safety lever. Can you show a picture of it?

I have tried manipulating the spring but not rotating it. I will try. And I tried and tried your third comment.

I appreciate them all

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have seen that video and read the owners manual especially on how to reassemble the pistol. I still cannot get it fully assembled.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you push up on the slide release and rotate the take down lever to around the 7 o'clock position? If you pulled the trigger while you had it apart the little safety lever (#16) could have rotated up and be impeding your assembly process. Just need to be sure it's rotated down so the slide can go past it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Make sure the take down lever is sitting flat. If it's turned up the slide won't install correctly. I had this issue after installing a flat trigger.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No matter what position the take down screw is in, once I start to move the slide reward, the take down screw moves to the 2 o'clock position and I cannot move it unless I move the slide forward.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And thank you all for trying to help and the warm welcome. You do not always see this on forums.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I just reassemble my wifes 365, take slide off pull trigger, see if that silver piece in the picture above is sticking up. If it is push it down, make sure you are pushing the take down lever towards front of gun while pushing up on slide release. You should be able to put the slide back on as long as that small silver piece is pushed down and stays down.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is that a 365? In your pic it looks like take down lever is broke.

Did you take the module out of the pistol. My brother in law had changed grip frame some parts in module fell out or moved. He had a pin in that was not in tight and his gun would not go back together

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just reassemble my wifes 365, take slide off pull trigger, see if that silver piece in the picture above is sticking up. If it is push it down, make sure you are pushing the take down lever towards front of gun while pushing up on slide release. You should be able to put the slide back on as long as that small silver piece is pushed down and stays down.
Thank you. the silver piece is down. It is difficult hold the screw in place, the slide lever in place and reassemble at the same time.

Maybe this pistol is not for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is that a 365? In your pic it looks like take down lever is broke.

Did you take the module out of the pistol. My brother in law had changed grip frame some parts in module fell out or moved. He had a pin in that was not in tight and his gun would not go back together
I did not take anything out of the module.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts