SIG Talk banner

Pre-Tacticool Knives

1699 Views 16 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Malicious Compliance
So I carry the Spyderco ParaMilitary 2 daily, but I recently started carrying my old Case mid size folding hunter that I bought many years ago at the Smokey Mountain Knife Museum in Pigeon Forge. It's a classic, and I have quite a fondness for it, but I recently bought a really cool sow belly Case knife that I alternate for carry. Another one of my favorites is my Boker medium stockman. I don't intend to put my tacticool knives away, but I love the craftsmanship of these old fashioned knives and just can't get away from them.

Who else has a particular passion for these old beauties?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,943 Posts
I have a serious aversion for the 'tacti-cool" knives.

In general I carry a German Eye, Puma or OLD Hen & Rooster medium 3 blade stockman with Stag handles.

Reactions: Luckypup and GCBHM

· Registered
73 Posts
I was in the U S Army in the 70's and 80's.
Many of use carried Buck 100 folders or Swiss Tinkers.
And of course there were assorted KBars to be found.

Still carry a Tinker or Spyderco Dragonfly as a daily blade.

· Registered
1,943 Posts
GCBHM ...I never would have thought that there were only 3 of us. :huh:

Reactions: GCBHM

· Registered
449 Posts
My EDC is typically a Case stockman. I like the versatility of having three blades handy. Gives me one for rough work that I can abuse, one for general purpose that usually stays relatively sharp, and one that I seldom use that I know is super sharp all the time should I need it.

I don't like having to dig deep into my front pocket to retrieve it so I may see if I can solder a pocket clip onto it some day so I can carry it like the tacticool knives you are referring to.

· Banned
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont consider the PM2 to be tacticool

i consider it to be absolutely amazing, it just happens to attract tactical mall ninjas.
I tend to agree, but compared to my Case mid-hunter it is more advanced in the tactical world. I have two of them, though. Fantastic knife! Have you seen the PM3?

· Banned
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My EDC is typically a Case stockman. I like the versatility of having three blades handy. Gives me one for rough work that I can abuse, one for general purpose that usually stays relatively sharp, and one that I seldom use that I know is super sharp all the time should I need it.

I don't like having to dig deep into my front pocket to retrieve it so I may see if I can solder a pocket clip onto it some day so I can carry it like the tacticool knives you are referring to.
Yeah, it's hard to beat the stockman. The clip would definitely make it "tacticool". :cool:

· Premium Member
14,244 Posts
My EDC consists of two knives - a Spyderco waved Delica and a medium Case Stockman. The Stockman is used for everyday tasks such as cutting open boxes, stripping insulation from wires, etc., keeping the Delica razor sharp for other duties. Both are carried in my left front (weak side) pants pocket, the Delica set up for tip up carry. The only problem I have with the Case is that I have lost many of them over the years. Without a clip holding them securely in my pocket, they tend to fall out when sitting. Grrr . . .

· Banned
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice!

· Registered
6,606 Posts
My EDC consists of two knives - a Spyderco waved Delica and a medium Case Stockman. The Stockman is used for everyday tasks such as cutting open boxes, stripping insulation from wires, etc., keeping the Delica razor sharp for other duties. Both are carried in my left front (weak side) pants pocket, the Delica set up for tip up carry. The only problem I have with the Case is that I have lost many of them over the years. Without a clip holding them securely in my pocket, they tend to fall out when sitting. Grrr . . .

There is nothing faster opening than a Wave knife in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

Great knife.

· Banned
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My little pretties.

Attachments

· Registered
1,943 Posts

Is that a 6347 pattern Case?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.