SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rangefinder uses CR123A batteries. On my box of surefire batteries it says- SF123A. Is SF123A the same as CR123A batteries?

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think so. I use the SF's because they're cheaper than Energizer or Duracell. You can find them at Lowe's for pretty cheap, or online for even cheaper.
Thank you!

I had read somewhere that some guy had his battery leak into his rangefinder and ruined his rangefinder. My rangefinder is a bit expensive and I would hate to ruin it from a [email protected] battery.

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
There are stupid questions, but this isn't one of them.

Example from real life:

I was in an Outdoor festival. Fish and Game had an exhibit with world record animals that were stuffed and set up in natural settings.

One was a world record Mule Deer that had drowned. I was staring at him, thinking what a waste it was that such a magnificent animal had drowned.

Meanwhile, a Fish & Game employee kept pestering me over and over, almost demanding I ask a question and stating that there was no such thing as a stupid question. I finally got fed up and said "okay, I have a question."

He asked what it was.

I said "how did you hold his head under water long enough for him to drown?"

He went away and never bothered me again.

Getting back on topic, yes, the Surefire batteries are Good To Go. They're all I use for CR123s and I've been using them for around 20 years or so.

I buy them online at Amazon most of the time and since I'm a Prime member, shipping is free and the batteries are cheap in quantity.

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
9,057 Posts
Now that i know the answer, it appears to me to be a stupid question.

Flash - He should have just said "I stand corrected".

Reactions: Papa Sig
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.