SIG Talk banner

what would you do if Sig Released this as the P365 Legion?

• Legion RXP with Red dot ($1450)

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Legion without Optic Cut ($1150)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Neither ($0 and no joy)

Votes: 38 82.6%
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I agree it would need to be cheaper. sig just likes to charge a lot for this stuff. I also understand that some people have the p365 because its as big or heavy as they would ever want it to be. but that argument should also then apply to why did Sig make the XL? why would you want it to be longer and heavier when you can just have the original one, right? no because people like options. why would you ever put a red dot on a pistol that is supposed to stay small? because its still the smallest footprint, highest capacity, pistol on the planet and the red dot makes me better. why would you want to add a few ounces to a pistol that's soooo light. uh, because its so light. i can give it a little heft, better grips, more rigidity, and make it beautiful and have the smallest, lightest, highest capacity, metal frame gun on the planet. its not an insane idea. maybe if you think the legion series is nonsense its a dumb question but for those of us that love functionality and aesthetics to both be maxed out, its a no brainer. i could have bought the non legion p229 but i got the legion because it has the red dot, it has the polished short reset trigger that was installed by sig instead of aftermarket modification which can cause issues if not done right. and its beautiful.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I’ve been considering picking up a 365 and if Sig offered a version like the OP that would probably entice me to do so but not at that price point, I’d be in for under 1K.
And no optic cut needed.

Nice work on the pic OP.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not interested. My P365 is an outstanding functional tool for EDC, but nothing like my hammer fired Legions in other respects. I bought them for different reasons.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have a P229 LEGION RX. Love it.

The upgraded P365-X LEGION I would buy......

Pre-Milled for an RMRcc That's your 'Pro' upgrade optic already.

Part of what I like about my P365-X is the polymer grip frame absorbs some recoil. With the XL full grip and low bore axis, it's the softest shooting most accurate micro-9 I've ever shot.

Use a Grey Guns XL grip frame, sweetened trigger, short slide 'cause with a dot you don't need extra sight length....
$999 all-in with RMRcc optic............. I'm all over it. 😋

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I would be in for a legion 365 but it would have to be a factory cut RMRcc footprint for me as well.
Already included and mounted would be a plus for me.
I cant express how happy I am with the RMRcc Optic and the way it doesnt overhang the slide.
The 365 practically begs for it.
I would want a regular 365 length slide, no need for the length with the dot as someone else stated.
Factory aluminum grip module like the AXG's, I run Icarus grips on my 365's, completes the pistol for me.
I wont run a poly frame. No reason other than I just dont like em.
No slide lightning cuts, porting and such.
Be murdered out flat jet black, no contrasting controls... just black.
Price Im pretty flexible on. It all hinges on my 1st sight of it.
I eat with my eyes 1st, if it doesnt catch my eye I dont even read the menu.
So eyes 1st, form & function/features next, price last.
Im 60 so I wont be denied what I want based on a couple hundred dollars (just like my signature says) lol
Im the guy who would most likely overpay.

So the idea as presented by the OP and based on my personal parameters I would go 1,500 without blinking an eye.
If someone laid one in my hand as available right here right now Id get all googly eyed and no telling what I might pay.
Im weak that way. (shhhh)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Definitely not. I own a p365 with both standard and xl frames. It is mostly a pocket gun for me. If I am going to put a holster on, I am probably going to take a little bigger gun.

I own a legion 229 and love it, but the p365 is more of a utilitarian type gun for me and having a metal frame and different finish would do nothing for me

I would also never pay that price for a p365. For a micro 9mm it is a great gun, but in my mind, it would never be a gun worth that kind of money. I think the p2xx legions are over priced honestly, but 1200 for a p2xx is closer to reality then that kind of money for a p365.

In comparison, I own and like g19's. Once again, it is a weapon of utility for me. I would never pay big money for some of these pimped out glocks that companies make.

Soli Deo Gloria

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a p365xl and a P226 Legion RXP SAO. Putting stuff on a p365xl won't make it a P226 Legion. I do have a red dot on my p365xl and I like it a lot. But as previously stated, the p365 is a close quarters gun.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
750 Posts
The P365 fills a very specific niche as an EDC. It works fine “as is”…I wouldn’t pay triple the price for a “Legion” logo, especially given some of the poor quality that Sig has been turning out on its Legion line for other models.

Reactions: Heavy Industries

·
Registered
38 Posts
+1 for P365X Legion. $999 optic ready w/ GG Trigger, G10 Grips w/ Medallion is a given. I’d say Custom Shop polished internals and barrel are just about the only value adds they could do to take it over the finish line.

There will absolutely be a P365 Legion as well as a P320 AXG Legion. It’s easy money. Both will sell if they do them right.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts