SIG Talk banner

what would you do if Sig Released this as the P365 Legion?

• Legion RXP with Red dot ($1450)

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Legion without Optic Cut ($1150)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Neither ($0 and no joy)

Votes: 38 82.6%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this already under the Legion threads but I wanted to get an idea of who would be up for this if Sig actually made this thing. lets say $1150 without optic cut and $1450 with Pre-installed, yet to be conceived, Romeo Zero Pro?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You didn't provide an option for Yes, with an optic cut, but without provided optic. I would like the option, but wouldn't want one right away. Part of the benefit of such a compact pistol is indeed its compactness. I don't want to bulk it up with a RDS. I would be interested in a Legion P365 if they used an AXG frame for sure, but not at the P320 AXG Classic pricing. $1150 for a P365 is too much, even if it had SRT, AXG frame, and G10 grips.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You didn't provide an option for Yes, with an optic cut, but without provided optic. I would like the option, but wouldn't want one right away. Part of the benefit of such a compact pistol is indeed its compactness. I don't want to bulk it up with a RDS. I would be interested in a Legion P365 if they used an AXG frame for sure, but not at the P320 AXG Classic pricing. $1150 for a P365 is too much, even if it had SRT, AXG frame, and G10 grips.
I didn’t because I don’t believe they will. They don’t sell the p229 legion without the optic and with the cut. I wanted one without the Romeo so I could put a different red dot on it but couldn’t get it and couldn’t even find one was ever available. I agree the price is too much. Just as the price is already too much for most legions. But people still buy them. A lot of people.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. By going away from the polymer frame you have added unnecessary weight.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I have an Icarus frame and the Wright gain is negligible. Still much lighter than a g19 or something larger that only holds one more round(I have the maggots that make it 14+1). Plus I want a little extra added weight. Metal frame makes it super rigid also. The poly frames are about as thin as any gun I’ve ever seen. The weight helps with recoil a tad also.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
When I think what I could have done with $1450.00 at the last gun show I attended ... :unsure: I know the 365 has a big following around here but they really do nothing for me ... none of them, Legion or not. We all have different wants and needs ... I don't want one or need one.

Reactions: paularmola

·
Registered
35 Posts
I didn’t because I don’t believe they will. They don’t sell the p229 legion without the optic and with the cut. I wanted one without the Romeo so I could put a different red dot on it but couldn’t get it and couldn’t even find one was ever available. I agree the price is too much. Just as the price is already too much for most legions. But people still buy them. A lot of people.
Well you're giving Sig ideas by putting prices in the poll. I would let them decide. Personally I think $999 would be a fair price with the add-ons I mentioned. I also just saw a new June 2021 P229 Legion LE edition that had an optics cut like a Pro-Cut slide with the filler plate. I can hope they will cascade that down to civilians, even if they want to push their R1P... and the P365X is already cut, as is the P365XL, so it would be a pretty blatant kick to the nuts for them not to offer a pre-cut slide without an optic for a Legion version.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well you're giving Sig ideas by putting prices in the poll. I would let them decide. Personally I think $999 would be a fair price with the add-ons I mentioned. I also just saw a new June 2021 P229 Legion LE edition that had an optics cut like a Pro-Cut slide with the filler plate. I can hope they will cascade that down to civilians, even if they want to push their R1P... and the P365X is already cut, as is the P365XL, so it would be a pretty blatant kick to the nuts for them not to offer a pre-cut slide without an optic for a Legion version.
Good points. I believe they also offered the p229 with an optic cut but not on the legion unless you get it with the optic. I agree that without an optic it should be under 1000. And maybe 1200 with it. But I know Sig so I was just trying to anticipate what they would actually charge. The p365x is already 800 with an optic. And the spectre is over a grand. So I can’t imagine a legion would be less than 1100

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw that new LE version also. I would hope that we would have the option to get the optic or just the cut.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The P365 is not a great toaster. The P365 is not a great bicycle. The P365 is not a great phone. The P365 is small, light, carries a decent number of rounds and is therefore a great conceiled carry weapon. I do not understand why people want to make the P365 into something it is not. If you want bigger or heavier, there are far better options than the P365. I have no doubt that someone will soon ask for a P365 Assault Rifle. :p

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
The 365 is a small pistol designed for close quarters self defence. It has no business being legion-ized. Next you’ll want to turn it purple.

oh wait, I would buy a Purple 365..

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
That would be a no.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I have one Legion - a P220 45 - because after a year of searching that was the only NIB P220 I could get. And the Legion was LESS MONEY than the random LE W220 45 SP that would pop up on auction sites. Otherwise I have no use for pretty paint, $100 grips and special triggers.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I love the p365 and xl, I’d have to hold one to decide if an all metal frame was an improvement I’d like to carry, I wear mine all day every day so several ounces might be too many, but it looks nice and I’m a sucker for a beautiful pistol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts