• Yes, but preferably chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W or .357 SIG

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 3.1%
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
I just think the P239 occupies an unusual space. While it was once a slim beauty queen, time has passed and turned it into a fat old housewife.
Always remember, "Many a good loaf of bread has been baked in an old oven."

Reactions: Nev

·
Registered
86 Posts
No one is asking for that. Most are asking for a staggered-stack metal framed DA/SA gun. We want the capacity of the P365 but the rigidity of a metal frame and the inherent safety and better trigger action of a DA/SA action.
SIG has already made one, the P228/M11. Original capacity was 13+1, same barrel and slide as P225 (which matches the P239), and a frame barely wider than the P225.

But I thought this thread was about bringing back the P239, a single stack compact.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've owned several P239s over the years. My very first Sig was a P239 .40, in fact. The rest were 9mm, including my favorite the SAS Gen 2 model. As with many other gun decisions in my life, I foolishly let that SAS go...

I now have a P225-A1. It's a great pistol, feels perfect in the hand, typically Sig accurate... and I'd trade it today in a heartbeat for another P239 SAS Gen 2.

Reactions: jerman

·
Banned
3,754 Posts
I have two, purchased in .40. Have 9mm and .357 sig barrels interchangeable with either. Plus parts and mags. I'm set. Love the platform. I'm not a striker guy, maybe mostly because I don't want to retrain my brain from what I own: 239 x 2, 220, 229 (.40 & .357 barrels), M1-A11, P6. I hate going here, but also with what could horribly go down with assaults on firearms, maximum mag capacity, etc., these single stacks could become all we can get again, so 239 goes back to the top of The Best List! -- assuming all existing ownerships are grandfathered.

I vote: yes for 239.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had one for a long time. Very nice piece. But too large and heavy for pocket carry. Now I have a 365 XL which pocket carries pretty nice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Should SIG bring back the P239 and why or why not?
No, probably not and it's not because I don't like 'metal' SIGS 'cause my P220 SAS2 Carry is a sweet rig! But becasue IMO, the P239 would have a super tuff time competing against the P365. SIG should continue parts and service for the existing P239 guns and concentrate on building and supplying the market with what is selling best.

·
Registered
533 Posts
All of my Sigs are metal framed, hammer fired models. I'm on my third P239, a 9mm SAS. The two earlier models (both .40s) got traded over the space of several years because I was hankering for other guns that I just had to have...but there's just something special about the P239 that kept bringing me back. I've picked up a P225 A1 as well. Both are great single stacks, but I don't forsee either being produced again, unless nostalgia sets in at the head office, and somebody invents a metal gun manufacturing process that's more competetively priced. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my old school guns.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts

I have one in 357Sig and carried it a lot before the P320-series came out. In my former employment I was issued two. I like it very much but think the design is dated and no longer relevant to modern technology. My P320C/357Sig is superb. The only thing I would change is to eliminate the rail. I don't need it on such a gun and it just makes the gun blockier and harder to find a holster for.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought a LEO turn in 239 in 40 S&W. What a sweet weapon. I wish I'd bought a pair. If I ever carry concealed, that will likely be my tool.

Reactions: Sheepdogged

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I bought a LEO turn in 239 in 40 S&W. What a sweet weapon. I wish I'd bought a pair. If I ever carry concealed, that will likely be my tool.
I agree, Hamilton had it coming! Jefferson lives!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,320 Posts
I feel like the P239 always gets dinged for being heavy and large for its capacity. But it never gets credit for it’s accuracy. Sure, it’s bigger than a 365. But it shoots sooo well. And it’s a lot easier to carry than a P226 or a Beretta 92.
And it comes in a caliber larger than just 9mm... and instant "restrike" capability!

·
Registered
510 Posts
And it comes in a caliber larger than just 9mm... and instant "restrike" capability!
Yes!

8 rounds of .357 Sig makes for an interesting proposition in a gun this small and concealable.

And... 1911s?

No one's worried about weight or capacity, there. Come on, gun industry--we need a worthy successor to the P239.

Or....... a P239.

·
Registered
22,023 Posts
You know how Dan Wesson (maybe others) made that pistol pack that came with multiple barrel lengths you could swap yourself?

It would be cool for SIG to do a limited run of a custom, never-before-made all-stainless P239 in a special kit with all the parts to convert between all three calibers in the same box. I would totally buy that.

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,506 Posts
You know how Dan Wesson (maybe others) made that pistol pack that came with multiple barrel lengths you could swap yourself?

It would be cool for SIG to do a limited run of a custom, never-before-made all-stainless P239 in a special kit with all the parts to convert between all three calibers in the same box. I would totally buy that.
Put me down for one as well. Sig, are you listening - it will be a limited edition - your favorite money maker lately!

41 - 60 of 74 Posts