SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

If you were to conceal a full-size pistol (or if you are), what is your favorite caliber? (Read OP)

• .38 Special

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9mm Luger/Parabellum

Votes: 54 31.8%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 57 33.5%
  • .357 SIG

Votes: 25 14.7%
  • 10mm

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • .357 Magnum

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • .44 Magnum

Votes: 2 1.2%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.8%

POLL- Read OP

5K views 64 replies 42 participants last post by  29124 
#1 ·
If you were to conceal a full-size pistol (or if you are), what is your favorite caliber?

Note, I'm not looking for the "If you could only have one caliber" answer (just assume you have all of them and you're picking your favorite). Also, I'm not going to list every caliber. If your caliber isn't listed, just select "Other" and let us know your choice in the comments (hint: I'm not going to list .25 ACP or 30 Super Carry).

#6 ·
I like 9mm for smaller guns and .357 SIG or even .40 S&W for larger ones. Larger heaver handguns like the SIG P226/P229 especially handle these rounds very well, and in the case of .357 SIG, it can do everything 9mm can do and better. Because of ammo costs, I practice mostly with 9mm, but it's like the old days of carrying .357 Magnum and practicing with .38 Special.

#9 ·
I like the way the .357 SIG round behaves in the P239. Sometime back, I had my original P239 set up to accept all three calibers, 9mm, .357 SIG and 40 S&W. Once I fired the .357 SIG round, I immediately sold the 9mm and 40 S&W accoutrements; which speaks volumes about the respect I have for the .357 SIG round.

#12 ·
Shouldn't pick 9mm -- it'll blow their lung out.

#30 ·
I see it as a question of scale:

1) If I'm carrying a small, compact pistol then I'm making certain compromises in terms of caliber in order to keep recoil reasonable and follow-up shots quick;

2) If I'm carrying a larger pistol, then I'm fine with a more stout caliber which the larger pistol will more easily handle, but it's still a compromise in my opinion, as virtually all handguns are.

3) If I have the option to conceal something even larger than a full size handgun, in an even more effective caliber, then this would definitely be my choice.

Reactions: 24/7/365 and 29124
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.