SIG Talk banner

Do you prefer a Full Length/Long Dust Cover (think p320-m18 or p226 Legion)?

• Yes, I prefer the dust cover to be as long as the slide assembly

• No, I prefer the dust cover to be shorter in length than the slide assy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll is about "Rails and Dust Covers" on Sig pistols...

I prefer LDC/Long Dust Covers on all pistols (frame is same length as slide assy), and I prefer Milspec 1913 rails instead of proprietary rails...

What do you prefer?:

Reactions: Devereaux

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was supposed to be a second question but it didn't allow for it, so it's below:

Going forward, any Sig pistol models with Rails should have Milspec 1913 rails and not proprietary rails:

Agree:

Disagree:

·
Registered
410 Posts
While I agree that the 1913 rail should be standard for Sig, I’ve never had any issues mounting lights on my P226 or P229. Both SureFire and Streamlight products lock in solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
The problem with rails is that few are military and most are "Picatinny Type" meaning something the company came up with that most Picatinny and Weaver accessories will mount to and 1913 accessories might not. Example: S&W's picatinny rail on their model 41 pistol will not take a 1913 sight. The recoil lug slots are narrow by about 4 or 5 thousand.

Reactions: Devereaux

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The rail on my 227, 229 and 320 is my preference. I believe it’s the 1913 version.
The rails on many p227 and p229 are not milspec 1913 Picatinny rails- they're "Sig rails" which are proprietary. The p320 rails are milspec 1913 Pic rails.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I tend to go for shorter dust covers, but like some of my longer ones. So my CZ with the full length cover is neat. What I mostly DON’T like is rails - although I have railed guns too. My 227 night stand weapon has a light on the rail; one of my 220’s does and the other two don’t. My 226 is old, so no rail. My favorite 229 is also old so no rail, but I have a newer one with a rail.

So I guess I’m wishy-washy.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
There was supposed to be a second question but it didn't allow for it, so it's below:

Going forward, any Sig pistol models with Rails should have Milspec 1913 rails and not proprietary rails:

Agree:
Disagree:
Agree!

Reactions: Lancer L5 AWM

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I like the looks of the Sig rail, the versatiliy of the 1913 rail.

·
Registered
277 Posts
No rail and short dc for me.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Nonrailed SDC (Short Dust Cover) is my preference.
Hmm, since I couldn't have said it better:

Nonrailed SDC (Short Dust Cover) is my preference.

I've got rails on only two of my SIGs. One is on a P229 40 for HD w/light & can, the other is on a P226 SSE 40 (stainless frame, that I'd much prefer without the rail and tail).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts