SIG Talk banner

Poll: Next Sig :) P320 RX Full Size vs P226 RX SAO

5283 7
So I have been wanting to get a 9mm with an optic for a while now. My recent impatience for the P220 legion had me buy a P320 Compact in 45 which I love. So now I am torn on getting the P226 RX with SA trigger to go with my P226 Legion SAO or make the plunge into the P320 and try and find a full size RX and full size 9mm P320. Looking to use them ultimately for USPSA and maybe IDPA at some point. (yes I know the Legion issue with being too wide, going to get that fixed;) )

So what does the braintrust here say, make the plunge into the P320 or stick with my hammer fired guns and get the P226 RX SAO? Please comment and vote!

Which 9mm with optic? P226 RX SAO vs P320 RX

• P226 RX SAO

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • P320 RX

Votes: 34 36.6%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ditto on the 226! I own both the P320RX full size and the P226RX SAO (as well as a Legion SAO) and the P226 is hands down the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. Of all the SIGs I have bought in the last year (and I have bought some real nice ones:D) the P226RX SAO would be the last I would sell.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
So I have been wanting to get a 9mm with an optic for a while now. My recent impatience for the P220 legion had me buy a P320 Compact in 45 which I love. So now I am torn on getting the P226 RX with SA trigger to go with my P226 Legion SAO or make the plunge into the P320 and try and find a full size RX and full size 9mm P320. Looking to use them ultimately for USPSA and maybe IDPA at some point. (yes I know the Legion issue with being too wide, going to get that fixed;) )

So what does the braintrust here say, make the plunge into the P320 or stick with my hammer fired guns and get the P226 RX SAO? Please comment and vote!
Impatience has gotten the better of me a number of times. I keep saying I'm going to have to do something about her, but then I think...why? :lol:

I would lean to the P320 RX simply b/c I'm more accustomed to the striker fire platform, and I think the P320 is an extremely sweet shooting gun, but gosh...how could you go wrong with a 226? It's almost a flip-the-coin situation. Good luck with it! :cool:

·
Registered
747 Posts
WOW! A three/one ratio in favor of the classic SIG vs the new guy on the block! Certainly eye-opening considering what a great package the P320RX is. Really can't go wrong either way, but I am part of the majority here:p!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am somewhat surprised how this poll has went given the general love for the P320 platform!

Given that I want to get started in USPSA and shoot production for which I picked up a P320 X5, I also got an amazing deal on a full size RX so that followed me home as well. I love my legion P226 in SAO and someday will get an RX to go with it, but after my first range trip with my new P320s I am hooked. I've shot glocks for years and still carry them but never loved the G17/34 grip. The P320s have fit my hand like a glove and the out of the box triggers have been great.

Thanks for voting everyone and for the feedback!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.