SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Do you prefer a 1.5" or 1.75" belt?

• 1.5"

Votes: 93 85.3%
  • 1.75"

Votes: 16 14.7%

Poll: Do you prefer a 1.5" or 1.75" belt?

2934 Views 49 Replies 46 Participants Last post by  straightshooter1
Do you use a 1.5" or 1.75" belt? If you use a 1.75", have you noticed a difference?
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
I use a 1.75. Don’t think I’ve ever had a 1.5 gun belt to compare to. Just have to seek a bit harder to find pants and holsters to fit it is all.
Reactions: 3
Most of the pants I wear will not accommodate a 1.75" belt.
Reactions: 5
1.5"....
No need to worry about finding belt loops that fit.
I use both, but the one and a half gets more use due to belt loop issues.
Reactions: 4
I prefer a 1-1/2" belt for EDC and buy my CCW holsters accordingly. Usually only carry one mag in a pocket, although I am experimenting with horizontally carrying my spare mag.

The belts and non-concealment holsters I use for tactical comps are 1-3/4" and fit my 5.11 utility pants better. I think they carry the heavier load of a full-size gun and several mags better than a more narrow belt, and stabilize the gun better
Same
Become one with your womanhood and buy new ones…😎
  • Haha
I prefer the 1.5
Ditto on the 1.5 belts
I have both, but prefer the 1.75. The belt barely fits into jean loops, but it does. I use Kore Essentials belts. Highly recommend them. I have a dress belt in 1 1/2, a sturdier 1 1/2 inch belt, and my favorite - The Garrison in 1.75. I just feel like it has a firmer hold while doing daily activity.
I used to do 1.5" cuz that's what was available. Then, I found Hank's. The 1/4" thick extreme wouldn't fit in 1.5 belt loops. Stepped down to 1.25 . All the support I need, l can carry a S&W 686+ or 19 all day long without any sag. So I'm the odd man out at 1¼" .
I usually wear the 1.5 because it fits most pants. The 1.75 is sturdier but will only fit a few of the belt loops.
1.5" is fine for carrying easy plastic guns. A full size 1911 I'd step up to the 1.75". But that basically never happens unless I'm going to/from a match.
A heavy 1.5 because that's what fits most pants and a lot of holsters. I do have a 1.75 belt and two holsters that match. That is more comfortable and what I use for HR218 qualifications. Reason? The heavyweight rig allows you to set your grip properly before drawing.
Reactions: 2
1.5 for CC, 1.75 for range/war belt
1.5” for me.
Reactions: 2
As to what I prefer it would be 1.75" as it provides the best support, but the 1.5" is used more often due to belt loop design.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts