SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my P226 TACOPS with the threaded barrel. However, I haven't gotten around to getting a suppressor yet, and keeping the thread protector on and/or removing it for cleaning was getting to be a pain so I called Sig and ordered a non-threaded barrel for it.

The question in all that is what kind of POI shift (if any) can I expect from a factory barrel swap?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,056 Posts
I purchased my P226 TACOPS with the threaded barrel. However, I haven't gotten around to getting a suppressor yet, and keeping the thread protector on and/or removing it for cleaning was getting to be a pain so I called Sig and ordered a non-threaded barrel for it.

The question in all that is what kind of POI shift (if any) can I expect from a factory barrel swap?
For all practical purposes, none to worry about, as stated by bblr. But by the same token, we all know that we can get different results from consecutively manufactured barrels, on the same machinery. Even though Sig manufactures their parts for interchangeability, within the same model, some minor fitting may be required.

Reactions: winterwar and GCBHM

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The barrel dropped in easy enough (for sure), but I haven't shot it yet. I ordered a bench rest from teh interwebz. Once it gets here I'll take both to the range for some swappy swap and see how it shakes out.

It's my bedside safe gun currently, anything up to minor POI shift should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.