SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’ve done my research but want make sure I’ve got this right:
My 320 Full .40 slide came with 6/6 SigLite front rear. As expected, when I swapped in a .357 barrel the POI shifted lower. Switching to a #8 front would raise POI about an inch at 25yds., right?
It seemed like I was over 1” low and was only shooting at 10-12yds. I shot from a supported position so don’t think it was me, but possible. I expected it to change but not by so much. Thanks for helping out.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I believe you are correct. But if you install a #8 front sight and switch back to a 40 barrel, the opposite will happen. POI will be higher.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m not going to change anything right away. I’ve got more .40 laying around than.357. Just thinking down the road. Mainly was surprised at the amount of change. Have to shoot some more to see if I can minimize it.
No different than running .38 thru my Ruger .357M. Even the same bullet weights print differently.

·
Registered
143 Posts
But remember, Sig sights pistols for "Combat hold" which is sight centered on the target. ^:00 or Center Hold will impact low.

·
Registered
143 Posts
But remember, Sig sights pistols for "Combat hold" which is sight centered on the target. 6:00 or Center Hold will impact low.
But remember, Sig sights pistols for "Combat hold" which is sight centered on the target. 6:00 or Center Hold will impact low.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again guys for the clarification. I was on the right track but hadn’t quite figured it out. I’m familiar with Sig sight pictures having shot them for many years. I anticipate shooting much more .40 than .357 with this slide so will likely not change the sights for now.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Shouldn't the .357 be higher than the .40? What am I missing? (I'll slap myself in the back of the head when y'all explain it to me)

Anyway, I wouldn't change sights for 1 inch at 12 yards with a handgun. (I would adjust an adjustable sight for that amount, but wouldn't change a non adjustable sight)

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Here's a fairly complete article on this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts