SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this used P229 SAS Gen 1 on Gunbroker, in 357 SIG- $500 + shipping. The DAK trigger and 357 caliber that I favor. All it lacks, for whatever reason, are the wood grips, and those can be replaced with Hogue walnut very reasonably. I'm struggling to stop myself adding it to my collection as my early Xmas present.

All the other Gen 1 models I've seen for sale are .40 cal. This seems to be a unicorn. Used, but from an A+ dealer.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/718628918

Can somebody give me some good reasons to resist this urge? :cool:

Reactions: FLASIG

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,037 Posts
Who am I, to try and talk you out of something you want?

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
That weapon has pluses and minuses. The pluses are its a 229, a Sig, and in 357! The minuses are that you don't own it and its a DAK. I say you get it, and if you don't like it because of the minuses then you sell it on.

Reactions: jringo8769

·
Registered
483 Posts
The item description claims it's a .40, the barrel indeed says .357. If they are going by what's on the label on the box (if it comes with one) then the barrel is not original to the gun. I would be sending them an email with questions.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd ask myself if it does turn out to .40 that has had a .357 barrel put into it and I dont like it as a shooter, can I get my cash back out of it in my particular market? If yes, I'd grab it in a heartbeat. If not, I'd try to figure out how much I will lose and ask myself is that amount of cash worth the chance to try and potentially love the gun. See how easily I can self justify buying a gun ;)

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Go ahead and start coming up with reasons WHY you bought this gun.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Cant talk you out of it!

My favorite SIG is the P229 SAS Gen2, 357 SIG

Reactions: USMC6872

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
What Sigrock said.
It’s just too big for CCW on me.

Reactions: sigsrok

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't have $500+ ?

Whadda waiting for?
Really trying to decide if I need a second P229. I have a pair of 290s, but that's so one can have a laser permanently mounted... a pair of 250s, one Carry configuration, one subcompact...

Is carrying the SAS really that different from the 229R?

The auction doesn't end until 12/1, I have a few days to decide...

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
No.

·
Registered
21,828 Posts
I do not think you should buy that one.
I think you should be the brand new P229 9mm DAK I have in the Classified section. ;)

:D

Reactions: DarthPaul

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not think you should buy that one.
I think you should be the brand new P229 9mm DAK I have in the Classified section. ;)

:D
I would, but I just bought that identical pistol in 357 SIG. My latest addition. I'm not trying to expand my caliber selection, but my model variants. :cool:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 22 Posts