SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
904 Posts
Need to hit the Pause button!

I found it very very odd that the only source of this news is right here.

There is nothing in my in box. I subscribe to so many NRA and firearm news.

When I tried to check and verify the source, ALL THE LINKS HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWN.

The story supposedly broke on AmmoLand. Guess what? There is no news of this on AmmoLand.

The author John Crump supposedly broke the news. Guess what? Go to his twitter account where he (perhaps not) broke this news, he provided two links and GUESS WHAT? Those links do not resolve. There is nothing.

AND NOW??? AmmoLand has made edits to the original story.

We need to check the source of these stories.
It is farfetched that only one reporter and one website has this news.

These discussions have been ongoing since spring of this year.

There are a ton or rumors out there.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Need to hit the Pause button!

I found it very very odd that the only source of this news is right here.

There is nothing in my in box. I subscribe to so many NRA and firearm news.

When I tried to check and verify the source, ALL THE LINKS HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWN.

The story supposedly broke on AmmoLand. Guess what? There is no news of this on AmmoLand.

The author John Crump supposedly broke the news. Guess what? Go to his twitter account where he (perhaps not) broke this news, he provided two links and GUESS WHAT? Those links do not resolve. There is nothing.

AND NOW??? AmmoLand has made edits to the original story.

We need to check the source of these stories.
It is farfetched that only one reporter and one website has this news.

These discussions have been ongoing since spring of this year.

There are a ton or rumors out there.

I totally agree lots of disinformation I subscribe to ATF the Atlanta office and nothing there as well. I realize some of this stuff is just scare tactics so we all stay on our elected official. The constitution is hard coded and it being the 2nd amendment I find it near impossible to remove it and I’m sure a lot of members may disagree with that but fear mongering always gets folks riled up.

Just my 2cents and may be worth nothing......lol

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yep! The cost of owning and using a firearm for sport, pleasure or protection is going to go up.

Reactions: Nilla

·
Banned
909 Posts
As they say....."The only things in life that are certain....Death and TAXES!"

Wait till they start taxing AMMO. :mad:
Hint they already are 11% excise tax if I remember the amount correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
The Ammoland article has been updated and significantly changed from what it originally was. I'd highly recommend reading what it says now and coming to your own conclusions about what it really means.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
"We" need to quit shooting ourselves in the foot - Like the iditos who parade around with MSRs, bleating about their "Constitutional Rights". The NFA was only passed into law because of the passivity of the "Old Boy Network" of the NRA, who gave it the thumbs-up. (Before you give me any crap about this, I, along with my son and daughter, are Life Members.) The NRA rolled over about the bump stocks, too. The weekend warriors of the Trap & Skeet Club crowd are likely more than willing to sell MSRs down the river, as well as standard-capacity magazines and semi-automatic handguns. I give money to the GOA, and have been donating money to the Republican Senators in GA. Everybody here should be, as well. Those that live in GA should make SURE they go vote in the runoff, and that they drag their friends and all of their friends to vote Republican in the January runoff. If the Demokrats prevail, our country - and our Republic, as we know it, will vanish. We can work on cleaning up the NRA after we safeguard the concept of the Balance of Power, but we will need to keep the heat on the RINOS and what few "moderate" Demokrats remain to make it so. The days of "getting along" with our "friends" on the other side of the Aisle are over. The Demokratik Machine is the Enemy of this Republic and the Constitution, as well as the flag for which it stands.
"We has met the Enemy, and it is Us."

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I think that it’s funny at this point that anybody would take seriously anything the ATF or DOJ says on what’s legal or illegal. The social contract has been violated, they’ve failed to arrest and prosecute people involved in rioting and insurrection, failed arrest state officials involved in thwarting immigration law, failed to arrest and indict deep state officials, election theft, etc.

Nobody should care what they say. We have already own the tools in our possession, it’s up to them to come take em.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I do agree with Skyviking that we need to quit shooting ourselves in the foot, but I (certainly in the minority here) do understand why the NFA and the Gun Control Act of 1968 were passed and I think it's important to remember that neither had anything to do with pissing off law abiding gun owners.

The NFA was passed in response to the general lawlessness of the gangster era. You had gangster's, in some cases armed with fully automatic weapons, in other cases with sawed off shotguns, in very many cases the individuals were already convicted felons...shooting up each other, LEO's and generally making a mess of things. So, people asked for help and politicians passed the NFA. I'm not saying it helped or hurt or was a good idea....I'm saying that's why it happened. It wasn't that the congress woke up one morning and said...."The second amendment scares us...let's go take it away'.

Same thing happened in 1968 during LBJ's 9-month lame duck period between when he went on TV and said "I will not seek my party's nomination to be reelected and will not accept the nomination if chosen." and when his term ended. He, and congress, were responding to demands that they do something (anything) after the assassinations of JFK, MLK, and Robert Kennedy. All killed by guns. So they did something. Was it good? Was it bad? Was it needed? Did it help? Debatable at every question, but again the impetus was never to jack the second, it was because the people wanted government to do something.

Bump stocks weren't an issue until the mass shooting in Vegas.

So, I am in the small minority of gun owners that believe in the entire bill of rights but also believe that certain restrictions to gun ownership make sense. For instance prohibitions to violent felons owning guns. Mag restrictions? Makes no sense to me. SBR restrictions? I don't know...probably horseshit. Restrictions on people with mental problems owning firearms? That makes sense to me. Background checks at gunshows? Yup. That makes sense.

When we (or the NRA) takes ever step to push back on every possible rule, some of which 75 to 80% of the public agree with...we are shooting ourselves in the foot in my opinion.

I understand that a lot of you will disagree with me and I respect your opinions greatly. This is just how I see it. I"m not asinine enough to think my ideas and opinons matter anymore than anyone else's do though.

Oh....and thing I do take issue with is politicians or groups ginning up outrage just as a method to increase donations to their cause. Whether it's those ASPCA ads showing injured puppies in cages or the NRA trying to make villains out of everyone on the other side....it just totally turns me off.

Phil

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
That's Nothing...
Correct. It's currently nothing, because nothing has actually been clarified. Just more confusing info, both on the part of the ATF and the internet jockeys who tend to raise alarm bells before they even know whether something is actually happening or not.

·
Banned
909 Posts
Those that live in GA should make SURE they go vote in the runoff, and that they drag their friends and all of their friends to vote Republican in the January runoff. If the Demokrats prevail, our country - and our Republic, as we know it, will vanish. We can work on cleaning up the NRA after we safeguard the concept of the Balance of Power, but we will need to keep the heat on the RINOS and what few "moderate" Demokrats remain to make it so. The days of "getting along" with our "friends" on the other side of the Aisle are over. The Demokratik Machine is the Enemy of this Republic and the Constitution, as well as the flag for which it stands.
"We has met the Enemy, and it is Us."
Who is elected to the US Senate in Georgia is the business of Georgia residents only. We do not need outsiders from whatever side of the isle to tell us what to do. We are perfectly capable of making up our own minds.

As to the two republican candidates, Kelly is most likely toast already. Georgia's still are pretty much anti female when it comes to state wide post. Add to that we are having a civil war in the state's republican party with Collins doing the sore looser thing and jumping on the President's Lawyer's claim that our republican Governor was in on a fix and votes for Collins were counted for Kelly. The republicans are forming a circular firing squad as I type this. Real tin hat stuff.

Purdue is up to his eyeballs in defending his stock transactions based on non-public information and telling us there is nothing to see at the same time with the virus. He got killed on this in the second debate and refused to debate after that. Families of dead Georgians do not seem to be for giving about this. Odds are he will not debate now.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do agree with Skyviking that we need to quit shooting ourselves in the foot, but I (certainly in the minority here) do understand why the NFA and the Gun Control Act of 1968 were passed and I think it's important to remember that neither had anything to do with pissing off law abiding gun owners.

The NFA was passed in response to the general lawlessness of the gangster era. You had gangster's, in some cases armed with fully automatic weapons, in other cases with sawed off shotguns, in very many cases the individuals were already convicted felons...shooting up each other, LEO's and generally making a mess of things. So, people asked for help and politicians passed the NFA. I'm not saying it helped or hurt or was a good idea....I'm saying that's why it happened. It wasn't that the congress woke up one morning and said...."The second amendment scares us...let's go take it away'.

Same thing happened in 1968 during LBJ's 9-month lame duck period between when he went on TV and said "I will not seek my party's nomination to be reelected and will not accept the nomination if chosen." and when his term ended. He, and congress, were responding to demands that they do something (anything) after the assassinations of JFK, MLK, and Robert Kennedy. All killed by guns. So they did something. Was it good? Was it bad? Was it needed? Did it help? Debatable at every question, but again the impetus was never to jack the second, it was because the people wanted government to do something.

Bump stocks weren't an issue until the mass shooting in Vegas.

So, I am in the small minority of gun owners that believe in the entire bill of rights but also believe that certain restrictions to gun ownership make sense. For instance prohibitions to violent felons owning guns. Mag restrictions? Makes no sense to me. SBR restrictions? I don't know...probably horseshit. Restrictions on people with mental problems owning firearms? That makes sense to me. Background checks at gunshows? Yup. That makes sense.

When we (or the NRA) takes ever step to push back on every possible rule, some of which 75 to 80% of the public agree with...we are shooting ourselves in the foot in my opinion.

I understand that a lot of you will disagree with me and I respect your opinions greatly. This is just how I see it. I"m not asinine enough to think my ideas and opinons matter anymore than anyone else's do though.

Oh....and thing I do take issue with is politicians or groups ginning up outrage just as a method to increase donations to their cause. Whether it's those ASPCA ads showing injured puppies in cages or the NRA trying to make villains out of everyone on the other side....it just totally turns me off.

Phil
This is the exact kind of thinking that made the 1994 assault weapons ban possible. Some of you may not be old enough to remember but at the time many people said how dumb the rules of the ban were and that it would never pass, and then it passed... Talk to someone who lives in CA or NY and learn what death of a thousand cuts means. If people keep rolling over and believing the CNN headlines that 80% of gun owners agree with gun control, we’ll have no rights left to defend. Everyone has to pick a hill to stand on, all I’m saying is don’t wait till it’s to late.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Such a hot button topic but I love it that's how it's done here in the greatest country in the world, Right or Left and middle ground discussions good to here both sides.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts