SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, that takedown lever is a bear! I tried and tried to get it to turn with no success. I hit with some WD40 and came back a few hours later and got to turn on the first try. I think that O-ring was binding up. Once I got the TDL out, I cleaned off the WD40 and applied some grease. It's still pretty tough, but is operable now.

Now I need to get a light for it and a first gen small size Carry frame and first gen slide release.

·
Registered
258 Posts
same here

mine has the same issue, was assured by sig they just take some time to wear in

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
91 Posts
try wiggling the front of the guide rod while you have the slide locked back. I've found that it releases the bind and lets you rotate the takedown with no issue.

Reactions: Lane73

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
try wiggling the front of the guide rod while you have the slide locked back. I've found that it releases the bind and lets you rotate the takedown with no issue.
I saw that trick, but it didn't work for me.

Congrats, btw what size is your front/rear sight? seems pretty high
They are suppressor height sights.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very nice, Congrats..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Why would you want a 1st Generation slide release? I put a 2nd Gen on my .45, even though it's on a Generation 1 grip module for the .45 ACP

Reactions: Lane73

·
Registered
556 Posts
Why would you want a 1st Generation slide release? I put a 2nd Gen on my .45, even though it's on a Generation 1 grip module for the .45 ACP
For me, just personal preference. I find the Gen 1 lever easier to use as an actual release. However, the more I use the Gen 2 lever, the more I'm starting to like it. Especially since the finish on the Gen 2 modules appear to be higher quality (smoother/less grainy), compared to the Gen 1 modules.

I'm also using a Gen 2 lever on a Gen 1 module on my 9mm carry. Its not bad, but its always looks (to me) like something is missing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I put 300 rounds through it today and I love it as much as the subcompact I had the opportunity to shoot. I can't shoot any other pistol as accurately and consistently as the P320. It feels like magic.

I did have three failures today, but I'm going to attribute that to the suppressor. Next time I go to the range I'll put a couple hundred rounds through it unsuppressed to verify reliability.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks great!! I was wanting one for a long time and now the extended barrel is starting to drive me crazy, not only on Sigs but all guns ...

I think our preferences change over time. Instead I think I am just going to get some 21 round magazines for my Carry and call it good. I really want to get the X-Carry when those become available.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks great!! I was wanting one for a long time and now the extended barrel is starting to drive me crazy, not only on Sigs but all guns ...

I think our preferences change over time. Instead I think I am just going to get some 21 round magazines for my Carry and call it good. I really want to get the X-Carry when those become available.
If you don't have a suppressor, the extended barrel and thread protector are kind of a pain.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.