SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a p239 as my CCW and am considering the purchase of a 1911 ultra two-tone. I can look at the physical dimensions but a picture or two is worth a 1000... especially when keeping the scale of things the same like in this case. Does anyone own both of these and wouldn't mind taking a few pics of them together? Maybe a side profile to show the diff in physical dimensions and if possible a shot from the back showing the width of each one?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I have both, but I'm out of state until late tonight. So, if no one has posted by then, I will get a photo and post it.
I carry both- the Ultra conceals a little easier, at least with the holsters that I use. The barrel doesn't hang down quite as low on the Ultra. The 239 feels a tad heavier on the hip. But, they are very close, and both are concealable and carryable. Both carry the same round count (I have 8 round mags for my 239).

Reactions: ronin11

·
Premium Member
37,447 Posts
Hurry Hodge
I have a 239 and looked at Ultras. This request needs to be filled, and I feel the pressure. Signess is bad enough without pressure. :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just looked at both of mine. I am not sure that I could take a good enough picture to matter. But the 239 definitely has a narrower grip. The slide is "blockier" but all-but the same width as the 1911. It just looks fatter because of the more square profile. Honestly though, it's easy to find thin grips for the 1911. They're pretty darned close to the same dimensions all around.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Nice pics, exactly what I wanted. Thank you!
We didn't get home until real late last night. Those are great comparison photos!
I carry both, and like both. I was pleasantly surprised how well the Ultra carries. It's great to carry a large caliber easily.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
@markm - You mention that newer models have thinner grips... which of the 1911s is the newer one? Two-tone or nitron. I am assuming the two-tone is the "1911U-45-TSS", no? What is the part number on the nitron? Guessing it's "1911U-45-BSS" but your grips are not the same as the ones depicted on their webpage.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Only the right one on the bottom shot is the newer one, the profiles/side shots are both the older style. The numbering on the case are the same new to old, for instance the TT's are both 1911U-45-TSS however the grips, trigger, hammer, slide release and rear sights are different.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts