SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I special ordered a P320 X-5 from my (not so) local SIG Elite dealer before it became known that the first batch had shipped. I figured a SIG Elite dealer would be amongst the first to get them. Since I really like the PELT triggers in my other 2 P320s I decided to order a straight PELT from Grayguns, expecting that the pistol would arrive fairly soon. Interestingly enough I didn't receive any Lucas grease with this kit!? Still haven't received a call that the X-5s have arrived, so I have a straight PELT with no pistol to install it into!

Here's the real problem: in the meantime I bought a P220 Elite SAO in 10mm! Still on the fence whether I should spend the additional $$ on the X-5 once it arrives.

Decisions....decisions....

BTW....anyone else take delivery of a PELT lately? If so, did you get the tube of grease?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Your dollars so you decide . We all have to or should make or own choices on how to spend out money . If you have no use for a 5" barrel range gun don't buy it .

You know you can sell your trigger so if don't buy the X 5 sell it and move on . And the lucus grease does not matter as its nothing special . Mine was dropped in the gray open top file .

I've used full sythentic lubes and grease since the mid '70's and they all start in the aero or automotive industry then rebottle into ultra small containers and the price goes up per once 500% or more . Just buy and use a PAO based full synthectic lube . Redline , amsoil , moble 1, royal purple . 0w-30 for most oil needs and a tube of synthetic grease for where that's needed for any lube needs and G96 clp is a mil spec multi use product

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your dollars so you decide . We all have to or should make or own choices on how to spend out money . If you have no use for a 5" barrel range gun don't buy it .

You know you can sell your trigger so if don't buy the X 5 sell it and move on . And the lucus grease does not matter as its nothing special . Mine was dropped in the gray open top file .

I've used full sythentic lubes and grease since the mid '70's and they all start in the aero or automotive industry then rebottle into ultra small containers and the price goes up per once 500% or more . Just buy and use a PAO based full synthectic lube . Redline , amsoil , moble 1, royal purple . 0w-30 for most oil needs and a tube of synthetic grease for where that's needed for any lube needs and G96 clp is a mil spec multi use product
Thanks for the input. I am not really looking for advice on what I should do re: the X-5. That decision comes down to the level of the consumer (me in this case). I guess I was thinking 'on the keyboard' as much as anything. Probably a waste of time for those who actually read it. Sorry about that guys:rolleyes:!

Most likely I will sell the GG trigger and cancel the order with little regret as I really like the P220 I just bought. At least that is my thinking at this time. If I do so I will list it in this site at a good price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a straight face GGI trigger for my p320 tacops and I didn't receive any lucas products this time. When I bought my curved GGI trigger for my Full size when they first came out it came with 3-4 little packets of lucas oil.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received a tube of Lucas grease with each if my curved PELT triggers when they first came out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts