SIG Talk banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
See above reply in regards to “stolen” ☝☝
Yup, I wondered about that comment also. Sometimes I just let things fly past me, because it may be an inside joke, and I just don’t get it. But, it is a perfect example of the major limitation to social media. A mistaken comment can percolate for quite awhile, before the commenter circles back to that thread. :unsure:
I haven’t been on SigTalk for a long time, at least compared to many of these old farts;) but I have been impressed with the civility and helpfulness among most.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Now that thew 9mm has proven itself as a superior man stopper to everything but a 50 bmg, there are lots of LEO .40 trade ins popping up everywhere. Good find, enjoy.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Outstanding acquisition! Enjoy.

Reactions: Missed Again

·
Registered
132 Posts
Very Nice! I've always provided my own duty gun. Wish I would have kept them all over the years. Current dept. issues Glock 22 .40 and are in the act of updating them again. We don't have badge numbers or anything cool engraved on them so I'm not interested in buying one. I did jump on my Colt LE Carbine and old Remmington 870, though!

·
Registered
225 Posts
A .40 will still make a bad sore and mess up someone’s entire day.

Reactions: Missed Again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats! I have a couple "marked" pistols from various agencies and I like that extra bit. You have a nice looking shooter there, enjoy it!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I have two 226Rs LE trade-ins from GT Dist., both were 40s. 2008 & 2010 vintage. No PD etch, but 3 mags and a case. I waited a year for Sig to make a nine conversion kit. Both are outstanding pistols, the nine is bedside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love it, congrats. I once paid almost $200 more than it was worth for a Walther PPKS because it was “made” in Alexandria where my Dad was born.

·
Registered
335 Posts
All 3 of my used Sigs are ex-LE guns. Same goes for all of my 3rd Gen S&W guns, along with at least one of my S&W 28-2's (Probably 2 of them, there are some odd numbers engraved under the stocks on one). Then there are my Beretta 80 series guns, which are supposedly former Israeli police trade ins, the pack of used CZ clones and Jerichos from Israel too. A lot of these guns came from pawn shops. Looking back at my GB and other site feedback, lots of pawn shops sold me guns from nearby PD's. So far, 15+ years and none of them even slightly warm as far as I can tell.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts