SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my fist GunBroker purchase. It came from a pawn shop in Naples Florida. I had to have it because it came from my home town PD. The logo is laser engraved. I’ve heard it’s hard to acquire these as many in LE purchase their duty pistols. The internals show very little wear. I replaced the grips. I put 100 rounds at 10 yards through it. No problems and very accurate. Well at least for me.

Attachments

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,450 Posts
It's too bad, congratulations are not in order!

In many cases, LE agencies, when turning in firearms to a distributor as trade ins request they not be sold locally. In other cases, with larger departments, they may go back to Sig, who ends up chosing those in better condition, and puts them into their Certified Pre Owned (CPO) program. Others they may check over for serviceability, grade them as to condition, and offer them to their dealers, to sell as used.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have seen several of these same dept logo guns come up for sale through several different midwestern auction houses earlier this year. They were p220’s and each one had heavy finish wear and about half of them had rust around the rear sight, mag release button and support plate. Yours looks fantastic compared to the others I’ve seen. LE weapons can be a crap shoot when buying them especially when you only have limited info on them like 3-4 ok pictures and the seller only shows the slide locked back for a chamber peak and finish wear on the barrel. The p series is a robust platform and even with a used duty gun it should still give years of great service with minimal service like new springs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's too bad, congratulations are not in order!

In many cases, LE agencies, when turning in firearms to a distributor as trade ins request they not be sold locally. In other cases, with larger departments, they may go back to Sig, who ends up chosing those in better condition, and puts them into their Certified Pre Owned (CPO) program. Others they may check over for serviceability, grade them as to condition, and offer them to their dealers, to sell as used.
Heavy Sigh...
Really grow tired of Sig Talk. I wake up and check my post only to find it’s insinuated stolen or poor condition.
I actually called the pawn shop before I bid. Inquiring how he had a LE - P226 from my home town. He advised he had bought a few in a auction as he acquires many of his fire arms In auctions. He is an FFL. It was shipped to my FFL. There are 3 of theses LE - LPD pistols in his review feedback. This was purchased from the Naples location. They have many locations.
I have now posted a pic of original auction and all their locations. Again in my OP I stated that the internals looked very good and I shot 100 problem free rounds.

There are many LE folks on Sig Talk. To be clear this firearm is NOT stolen and the insinuation is not appreciated.
Check out the seller and sale for yourself. I have a carry license.

Attachments

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,450 Posts
Heavy Sigh...
Really grow tired of Sig Talk. I wake up and check my post only to find it’s insinuated stolen or poor condition.
I actually called the pawn shop before I bid. Inquiring how he had a LE - P226 from my home town. He advised he had bought a few in a auction as he acquires many of his fire arms In auctions. He is an FFL. It was shipped to my FFL. There are 3 of theses LE - LPD pistols in his review feedback. This was purchased from the Naples location. They have many locations.
I have now posted a pic of original auction and all their locations. Again in my OP I stated that the internals looked very good and I shot 100 problem free rounds.

There are many LE folks on Sig Talk. To be clear this firearm is NOT stolen and the insinuation is not appreciated.
Check out the seller and sale for yourself. I have a carry license.
"Missed Again", First off, I have to apologize... my fault for commenting, just by using my cellphone, I got your Sig Talk alias confused with the title... Missed Again... Pawn Shop P226, and not reading it completely, I thought you didn't get it, the reason I said congratulations weren't in order.

I'm not sure how you got that message from my comments, about it being stolen, or in poor condition. You wondered why, departments pistols were not usually found locally. I too was in LE, and my small department purchased their firearms from a distributor, who was over 100 miles away. Many Officers that didn't purchase their old pistol, myself included. Many departments don't want their old pistols, if department marked, sold locally, just because of the chance that one may be used criminally, and left at the scene, and bringing unwanted scrutiny on the department.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice! the engraving is much like the anchor. 👍

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
"Missed Again", First off, I have to apologize... my fault for commenting, just by using my cellphone, I got your Sig Talk alias confused with the title... Missed Again... Pawn Shop P226, and not reading it completely, I thought you didn't get it, the reason I said congratulations weren't in order.

I'm not sure how you got that message from my comments, about it being stolen, or in poor condition. You wondered why, departments pistols were not usually found locally. I too was in LE, and my small department purchased their firearms from a distributor, who was over 100 miles away. Many Officers that didn't purchase their old pistol, myself included. Many departments don't want their old pistols, if department marked, sold locally, just because of the chance that one may be used criminally, and left at the scene, and bringing unwanted scrutiny on the department.
Whew, glad that was cleared up. Also, accoring to my Wife, my SigTalk moniker is entirely accurate.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whew, glad that was cleared up. Also, accoring to my Wife, my SigTalk moniker is entirely accurate.
About my moniker. I was a lifelong hunter. I’m legally blind in my right eye. (not left eyed dominate) I’m also 65 and can no longer hunt due to medical reasons. I taught myself to shoot rifles/shotguns left handed. I’ve only been shooting pistols for 3 Years now. I shoot my pistols right handed but left eyed. it’s been a learning curve for sure. I first purchased Sigs because of the takedown levers for cleaning. My lack of grip strength makes Glock style takedown difficult for me.

I joined Sig Talk a couple of years ago to basically lurk around and try and learn some things. Not my first day on the internet. Many on here have forgotten more about pistol shooting than I know. I was however out hunting every weekend in season before a lot of guys on here were born. Or at least they were at recess.

I just ignore most and try an grab a nugget or two of knowledge when I can. I have been on here long enough where I don’t recall a thread where “stolen” has come up in the comments. Often times the advice/comments are worth exactly what I paid for them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts