SIG Talk banner

Patent infringement lawsuit

1189 4
Reactions: sigke
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Old news now . All the firearm companies like to sue others one when they loose a contract and figure out they have nothing better to do .

Surprised they did not do the same to glock over a polymer lower as steyr was first to do polymer

·
Registered
457 Posts
Very, very ridiculous.
Dunno what the "statute of limitations" are in a case like this (if there are any, and if that's the right term.) but if I were the judge I'd be sorely tempted to tell Steyer that they should have spoken up back when the 250 came out, if they're so upset by this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very, very ridiculous.
Dunno what the "statute of limitations" are in a case like this (if there are any, and if that's the right term.) but if I were the judge I'd be sorely tempted to tell Steyer that they should have spoken up back when the 250 came out, if they're so upset by this.
Patent's only good until next year, and Steyr is definitely being a "patent troll" about this. SIG's system, if it violates Steyr's patent, is no different in that regard than the Beretta or Ruger "chassis" systems...but neither of them won a big fat army contract.

but whatever, what Steyr's doing is legal, even if crappy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.