SIG Talk banner

Parts Replaced with a SRT on a P226 Equinox and Engraving Location Question

1025 10
Hello everyone. I just picked up used P226 Equinox. Down in the bottom of the case, I found 2 parts in a plastic baggy. Are these the parts that would get replaced with the 2 parts in a SRT kit?
I figured everyone here will know quickly.
Thanks!
Also, this P226 Equinox is engraved on the polished flat and all the new equinox' I see are engraved on the black part of the slide. Anyone know when that changed?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Probably not much help in your pursuit of changeover dates, but I too just picked up one of those beauties. Born on date of 10-Mar-17, with the engraving on the top (unpolished) part of the slide. I also note that the factory stamp is Newington - NH - USA.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hello everyone. I just picked up used P226 Equinox. Down in the bottom of the case, I found 2 parts in a plastic baggy. Are these the parts that would get replaced with the 2 parts in a SRT kit?
I figured everyone here will know quickly.
Thanks!
Also, this P226 Equinox is engraved on the polished flat and all the new equinox' I see are engraved on the black part of the slide. Anyone know when that changed?
Nice looking Equinox! Those are the standard sear and safety lever parts as already confirmed. As far as the engraving, that must be a fairly recent change. All the ones I've seen look like yours.

You're lucky you didn't have to pay to install the SRT. I usually discard the standard sear and safety lever as I don't plan on going back to the original parts.
I put all my old parts in the spare parts box, tagged and bagged. You never know when they might be needed some day or sold for a small fortune when they aren't available anymore. :D

·
Registered
17,230 Posts
Boy I Sure Do Not Like That, YUCK
All Of My Equinoxes have the engraving on the Right side of the Slide.
I'm hoping to P U a P229 Equinox in 9MM at this weekends Gun Show in Houston.
I passed on one last month when I picked up the Lipsey Special Edition P220 SSE in 10 MM.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice gun. I got a new, P220 Equinox in March. Love the look!!

My engravings are on the Nitron slide, on top, not on the brushed stainless area.
I think I am beginning to realize the Sig does as Sig wants as far as configurations, where to put the engravings, etc. However, they do make sweet looking guns and I really like the looks of the Equinoxes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.