SIG Talk banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
If Biden nominates four Supreme Court justices then we'll know for sure the plan is cut 2A off at the knees. Dems won't repeal 2A, but will push legislation allowing only single shot break action firearms, or something similar. A packed SCOTUS will declare it constitutional.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been just trying to find a couple of mags for my Sig 230/232 .380 and so far no luck at all. I love those guns But without availability of magazines makes them about worthless. Sig does a great disservice imo by not providing parts for guns that we purchased from them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'll say the same thing I said about ammo for the last 4 years, if you want mags get them now while they are cheap. The first 3 years of Trump I never paid more than $7.50 for a box of factory 9mm after rebates and sales, some approaching $6.50/box for black friday deals. That's $150 a case, right now that same ammo is selling for $800-$900 on Gunbroker as fast as it's put up. After Obama there was NO way with the upcoming election that ammo panic buying was not coming again in 2020, Covid just started it a bit early. Anyone that didn't see it coming was either blind, or new to shooting. So if you want hi-cap mags, I'd buy them now, they will likely never be cheaper, and you may not be able to get them for long.

Don't think we'll see a magazine capacity ban? I remember when everyone thought that couldn't happen back in 93' too.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Agreed. Ammo is not so plentiful but magazines are so load up. SWFA had a 10% off your order, free shipping over $99 New Years weekend so I bought 4 extra Sig magazines. Probably should have bought more.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the market for magazines for my P365, both 10 rounds and more. Any suggestions for decent quality and reasonable price? Thanks!

--Jim

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I think that by the eno of this year after biden takes office there will no longer be any so called "free" states concerning firearms 2nd amendment or not. He is out to CONSFICATE All Guns Regardless.
The left will do their best, but of course the courts can overrule anything Biden and the other wacko leftists try, just like they have done recently in many states. And believe that the Supreme Court at this point will have the lower court's back on that. I think some of this concern is premature. Maybe things might change years in the future, if the SCOTUS is reorganized to suit the Democratics, but don't hold your breath for that either. The right backlash is on the close horizon, like the opposition backlash always is. Take a breath everyone!

I've been around long enough to see this kind of fear found to be unsubstantiated over and over. The Clinton magazine limits decades ago would be quickly thrown out by our courts today as unconstitutional. Keep what you want and buy what you want, but maybe consider keeping some of the panic in check for now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not panicking is always good advice but there is something to say about thinking ahead too. If in doubt, buy a bunch of mags. Not much downside risk. If you use them all during your life all is good. Or you just leave them in their original packaging and you can always sell them for about what you paid or possibly more. Cheap Insurance the way I see it.

·
Banned
597 Posts
I’ve been thinking of picking up some extra mags for when I go to the range. I have currently have three to five for all of my pistols now, but at the range it seems like more is better.
So, with that in mind, even though I reside in a relatively free state, I was thinking of maybe getting some ten round mags to serve as extras, well, just in case things change. I have a couple ten rounders now that came along for the ride when I made some purchases. I really don’t mind them as extra loaded mags at the range.
What do you think?
I don't know what you have but it isn't enough. DON'T buy ammo at the pricing going on now.

·
Registered
467 Posts
It at some point if "x number of round" magazines become the law, then I'll address it at that point. I have been through this before and do not plan on getting ahead of myself. That being said, the free state of Texas has 2 house bills pending that would make it a 2A sanctuary state. Time will tell how this plays out.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have been stocking up on extra mags for a while now. I live in Texas, so capacity is not an issue for right now. I am guessing mag mag ban will be coming with the next screwball president, but I am not going to start buying 10 round mags.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts