SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Some say there IS a zombie invasion coming beginning January 21 ;)
Hmmm, it was Kamala Harris herself who said that, although she didn't use the word 'zombies' and she was talking about forcefully removing every firearm from your possession if you didn't first "voluntarily" surrender it.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
As others have said. I so far live in a free state. I don’t plan on lowering my magazine capacity or getting rid of any of my extended magazines either. Their NOT going to dictate to me what I carry or how many rounds are in it. We have the Second Amendment and I plan to keep it that way!!
Yes it will dictate what you carry, get caught with a 15 round mag in a 10 round state and you will be charged with a class D felony and lose your guns.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Who can be certain that 10 will be the number? We could get limited to single shots.

Reactions: Kos1

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Who can be certain that 10 will be the number? We could get limited to single shots.
I can’t imagine what we could face. It seems 10 has been the minimum standard. Let’s just keep the faith!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Joe and Harris said they would follow CT and CA, CT is a 10 rnd mag. state. Everyone who renounced the NRA shouldn't complain.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I can’t imagine what we could face. It seems 10 has been the minimum standard. Let’s just keep the faith!
That's one of the reasons why I have my S&W Performance Center 627-5 357 Magnum 8-shot revolver. A Modern 'Old-School', but it will get it done. "So Punk, was that 5 or 6 shots? Do you feel Lucky today?" Too Bad...8 Shots.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That's one of the reasons why I have my S&W Performance Center 627-5 357 Magnum 8-shot revolver. A Modern 'Old-School', but it will get it done. "So Punk, was that 5 or 6 shots? Do you feel Lucky today?" Too Bad...8 Shots.
Love it! My 586 is in “simmer” mode!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yes it will dictate what you carry, get caught with a 15 round mag in a 10 round state and you will be charged with a class D felony and lose your guns.
Nope. Not gonna happen. I feel a tragic boating accident in my near future. And.... there are plenty of us that will keep this from happening. What other states have already done is unconstitutional.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Beautiful gun! Unfortunately I’m a creature of habit so I’ll just take the class D felony ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
It was really odd, I was out boating last week and had all my mags with me for ballast and we got "splashy" and they all got wet. When I got home I found that they had shrank to 10 rounds!

Can you believe that?

·
Registered
679 Posts
It was really odd, I was out boating last week and had all my mags with me for ballast and we got "splashy" and they all got wet. When I got home I found that they had shrank to 10 rounds!

Can you believe that?
HaHa, usually when it comes to boating stories like the big fish 'ya catch; they somehow get bigger!
Maybe my theory is all wet, but I suppose when the truth gets stretched, things actually shrink a bit. ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think that by the eno of this year after biden takes office there will no longer be any so called "free" states concerning firearms 2nd amendment or not. He is out to CONSFICATE All Guns Regardless.
No president can do that. I think it would be easier for a President to be impeached for breach of oath than just delete the 2A

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
HaHa, usually when it comes to boating stories like the big fish 'ya catch; they somehow get bigger!
Maybe my theory is all wet, but I suppose when the truth gets stretched, things actually shrink a bit. ;)
Damn that shrinkage....!

·
Banned
17,715 Posts
No president can do that. I think it would be easier for a President to be impeached for breach of oath than just delete the 2A
No, it's not that easy. Below also applies to deleting or modifying.

The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures. None of the 27 amendments to the Constitution have been proposed by constitutional convention.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I think it is pretty unlikely we will see any federal level magazine ban any time soon regardless of what is be spouted off by democrat politicians. However living in Illinois I have picked up a few ten round magazines for some of my favorite 9MM pistols just in case Illinois does pass a magazine ban which they try after every high profile shooting.

·
Premium Member
10,428 Posts
Doubtful that they'll be able to do any sort of nation-wide door-to-door enforcement, just like with most things the've tried to restrict or ban so far. But if you get caught or found out with something unregistered or banned, they'll throw the full book at you....AND they'll have no qualms about getting your neighbors to snitch on you.

Throw in some tax incentives or straight-up stimuli under the guise of 'public safety', and the toughest part for them will be fielding all the phone calls. Wonder if they ever actually stopped to realize how ironically fitting the term 'red flag law' is.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts