SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been thinking of picking up some extra mags for when I go to the range. I have currently have three to five for all of my pistols now, but at the range it seems like more is better.
So, with that in mind, even though I reside in a relatively free state, I was thinking of maybe getting some ten round mags to serve as extras, well, just in case things change. I have a couple ten rounders now that came along for the ride when I made some purchases. I really don’t mind them as extra loaded mags at the range.
What do you think?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thankfully, I live in a Free State (so far). However.......
Although I prefer the 'fun' of competing in local USPSA carry-optics division matches where I can cram 20+ rounds within the mag size limit..........I find IDPA matches where 10rounds are limited, and mag changes more frequent, as perhaps more 'realistic' for SD practice. So, I do have some 10 round mags for all my Full and Compact pistols, and I invested in extra 10 round Magazineblocks.com limiters for my higher cap mags 'just in case'. I'm someone who always likes to have a Plan 'B' ready; and my Heirs whom I've willed my Firearms live in limited states. -JMO YMMV

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have been contemplating the same thing. I live in free state for now. If it fits in firearm you can use it. I was around during the late eighties and early nineties during the hi-cap mag ban. I survived that. Having said that, I will buy some 10 rounders if I have to. If it comes to registration of mags and paying a tax or such, I will destroy mine before I do that. Not going there. I don't like it, but that may be the new reality. I guess the old S&W Model 66 3" will have some instant appeal back.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts
As others have said. I so far live in a free state. I don’t plan on lowering my magazine capacity or getting rid of any of my extended magazines either. Their NOT going to dictate to me what I carry or how many rounds are in it. We have the Second Amendment and I plan to keep it that way!!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been contemplating the same thing. I live in free state for now. If it fits in firearm you can use it. I was around during the late eighties and early nineties during the hi-cap mag ban. I survived that. Having said that, I will buy some 10 rounders if I have to. If it comes to registration of mags and paying a tax or such, I will destroy mine before I do that. Not going there. I don't like it, but that may be the new reality. I guess the old S&W Model 66 3" will have some instant appeal back.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
One of the reasons I was contemplating grabbing some ten round mags now is that if anything changes, they too, may be hard to come by. They are available now, and at fair prices at some places.
I’m just looking forward and trying to be prepared like stocking up on ammo heading into the events of 2020.
And, yes, the “Wheel Guns” will always hold their place!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 10/10 round mags for my P220 Legion Carry as well. :whistle:
Again, I understand. 😎. More to my point, as I’m sure you know, I intended to speak to 10 rounds vs higher capacity.
Thanks. I have 7,8,10 for my 1911’s too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's certainly some forward thinking and you are to be commended for it! However, I'm about to surge ahead of you on this game of "just in case", and simply turn all of mine in so they can be cut-up or melted, you know, just in case they outlaw them entirely...

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's certainly some forward thinking and you are to be commended for it! However, I'm about to surge ahead of you on this game of "just in case", and simply turn all of mine in so they can be cut-up or melted, you know, just in case they outlaw them entirely...
OK. Better safe than sorry!🤭

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
i live in a not so free state...
but i don't have a "bunch of mags" except for the 10/22 because it is too easy and fun to empty them. :p
i have purchased a couple of extra magazines when i bought a handgun and so i have more than a couple that work in each.
somehow i don't imagine myself ever being in a situation when i empty a few mags and need more immediately.
maybe i'm a dreamer, but i hope not, unless there is a zombie invasion.

Reactions: Kos1

·
Registered
353 Posts
The only reduced-capacity mags I have are for an AK so I can shoot it off the bench more easily. The 30-rounders are a huge PITA for that task. I will not buy reduced-cap mags otherwise as they offend me. Even during the '94-'04 AWB I continued to use the full-caps and never bought a new gun that I didn't already have full-caps for. If a new mag cap ban is enacted and becomes permanent I will continue to do the same as long as I possibly can.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your going in the wrong direction.

I’ve been buying MORE Sig 9mm 15 rounders and also 12 rounders 40 cal.
I hear you. I have quite a few mags. All sorts of capacity. I’m just hedging if I were to buy more for range time. We live in crazy times.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts