SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just gotten news that Para will no longer make pistols after the first quarter of 2015. If you currently own a Para 1911 they will continue to honor the warranty. The plan is to focus on one 1911 brand, and that will be the Remington 1911. We will start seeing new Remington 1911’s but they will look more like a Para. The new Remington 1911’s will be available in various sizes from 3 and ½” barreled compacts to full size double stacked frames. The new Remington 1911’s will be announced as they begin to approach manufacturing readiness. Until then, they will not be making any announcements about the change.

Para Pistols To Be Discontinued in 2015 | Carolina Gunrunners

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
It doesn't supprise me, I wonder if they'll kill the bushmaster name as well when the AR market slows down?

·
Registered
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably, along with DPMS. They will eliminate product overlaps between the two brands and the remaining ones will become Remington ARs.

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,851 Posts
Makes sense to eliminate brands and duplicates.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It doesn't supprise me, I wonder if they'll kill the bushmaster name as well when the AR market slows down?
They have basically already killed the bushmaster name. The quality has got to crap since they bought the name. Get a Windham if you want what Bushmaster used to be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts