SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone do this?

I have several mags for my P320sc. Not a huge problem, but I usually do not use my edc magazine at the range. Every once a while I find myself having to grab and feel, for weight, when leaving the range.

Figured if I could paint/mark the base of my edc mag it would make id'ing it a lot quicker. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,304 Posts
Pick up a bottle of "Model Paint" and fill in the Sig Sauer logo on the base, or "notch" the front(leading edge) of the baseplate with a round needle file.

Reactions: PPS1980 and tawcat

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I use a silver sharpie marker. I mark on the metal and bottom plate. My mags are not pretty but I sure as heck know what I got in a time of crisis and in low light.

Reactions: jwperry and tawcat

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I paint them like this if possible.

On those that do not have logos or other information impressed or formed into the base plate I use either a label or a white sharpie to ID the magazine. Makes it easier in the safe, the range bag, etc. to ID each magazine.

Reactions: tawcat

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'll initial and number with a Sharpie Paint marker all my markers. I also keep a log to track malfunctions. Anything that doesn't have a malf logged to it can be loaded for EDC.
But mostly, i don't shoot my carry ammo every time I go to the range and I have plenty of dedicated range mags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.