SIG Talk banner

Package from Midway USA due soon!

642 3
I have decided to upgrade from my Lee Turret press to a progressive and my Hornady L&L is on the way and I'm pretty excited about it!

I have had nothing but success and good things to say about my Lee press, I just want my reloading time to be more "fruitful" if you know what I'm saying. ;)

I'll let you know how it works out in a week, or so.

Stock pic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have one. Pretty darn good press. Hornady customer service is top notch on help with getting replacement parts to load developments. A great company.
Congratulations

FWIW if you do proper maintenance on the press it will act like new for a long time. Powder spills are terrible pain in the rear for the primer seater.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Hornady Lock-N-Load Fixes and Mods Video

One of the guys in my weekly shooting group has one of these and he has had some problems that are pretty well addressed in this video, along with the fixes.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
2 years on mine with no major issues at all. Some minor tinkering got it runnig smooth as butter. Im looking into the shim option now to smooth it out a bit more. My press hops a tiny bit when the shell plate balls drop into the detents and it will sling a few grannules of powder out of 9mm cases at times. With the price point and the rebate its a hard deal to beat. Get those free 500 bullets and put it to work! I just got the swager for crimped primer removal in 223. Cant believe I waited so long doing all that by hand.

I dont know if i can link to other forums... google "How to tune the Hornady Lock-N-Load AP progressive press" very good fix to shell plate hopping and primer seating issues if you run into them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.