SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P938 Trigger

4K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  ThnkFrst 
Purchased the pistol new in October of 2013. Not sure how to find a build date. I'll try a detail strip & lube, but I sincerely doubt that is going to make a dramatic difference. Will seriously consider the suggested trigger and trigger work. Would like to see it in the 4lb range. I feel like it's in the 8-10lb range now.
In a 938 of that vintage, you would have the original version of the mainspring housing and sear spring (unless you had it upgraded). The original design parts could wear and fail leading to poor feeling and functioning trigger mechanism.

Suggest that you review this thread (http://sigtalk.com/p238-p938-pistol...l-old-vs-revised-new-main-spring-housing.html) to familiarize with the wear issue and new part design.

Agreed! The sear spring is wearing the nub on the MSH and riding up in the fire control assembly. In my experience, that can cause a gritty/heavy feel in the trigger as the sear spring gets out of position relative to the ejector and sear.

SIG will replace the MSH and sear spring with the much improved GEN2 version. Can't say that you will be totally happy with the trigger pull after the repair, some folks ~coughbumpercough~ just think it's too heavy, but I'm confident that you will feel an improvement.

FWIW, I think SIG CS does a good job of communicating the customer report to the gunsmith but I still like to put my own note in the case when I send it in for repair.

The MSH does not move. What you are probably feeling is the ejector (which rotates when the trigger is pulled) scrapping against the edge of the sear spring instead of sliding smoothly against the sear spring; this happens when the sear spring moves up in the assembly as yours has done.

With your slide removed, manually depress the ejector and hold it down as you pull the trigger. Feel better?

Well Done!

That's a major fire control overhaul; pretty much takes it to "zero rounds".

I recommend that you give it a chance to run the new parts in before making mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.