SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new Sig P938 and have reviewed the owners manuel. However, the trigger will not cock, whether the safety is on or off and the slide won't move. I'm a new gun owner and don't know if there is an additional safety mechanism on the gun. Can anyone help? Thanks

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You realize the 938 is single action only pistol, right? With the safety off, can you rack the slide to cock the hammer? Can you just pull the hammer back? Has the gun been taken apart (i.e. field stripped)?

·
Registered
464 Posts
What do you mean the trigger won't cock? The trigger does not cock, it does what we call reset after it is pulled and the hammer falls. resetting is the forward movement of the trigger when it is released.

if the safety is on the hammer cannot be moved, either to fire the gun or to cock if it is down. If the hammer is cocked and the safety on the slide can move. If hammer down and safety on the slide cannot move.

As christak said, it is single action only, meaning the hammer must be manually cocked before firing. This can be done by pulling the slide back, with the safety off, as chambering a round. When the gun is fired the reward movement of the slide recocks the hammer.

Reactions: garyji
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.