SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Sig model lineup and associated pricing is baffling. Why is the Sport so much less expensive than the Nightmare. The Sport has rubberized grips and a Fiber Optic front sight, the Nightmare has G10 grips and Sig front sight. I suspect the same rear sight.

The street price of the Sport is $100 or so less than the Nightmare. If the grips and front site are the only difference I'll buy a Sport and change the front sight and grips for far less than $100.

Am I missing something here?

馃帠USA Veteran
The number of 6 & 7 round mags would be the only other significant difference. I think the Sport has nickel controls and the Nightmare has black controls, but that's minor IMO.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BRG grips could happen. This is to be my pocket holster when wearing shorts EDC. My thinking is the rubber grips could get caught while drawing. If I buy the Sport I'll try the BRG first and keep the G10 option open.

馃帠USA Veteran
BRG grips could happen. This is to be my pocket holster when wearing shorts EDC. My thinking is the rubber grips could get caught while drawing. If I buy the Sport I'll try the BRG first and keep the G10 option open.
Sorry for the confusion, BRG is the black rubber grip. And that might be an issue for pocket carry.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just learned something, yet again. I misunderstood what BRG was - I assumed, obviously wrongly, they were the big Hogue rubber grips with molded finger grips.

Thanks for reorienting my compass.

Registered
I just learned something, yet again. I misunderstood what BRG was - I assumed, obviously wrongly, they were the big Hogue rubber grips with molded finger grips.

Thanks for reorienting my compass.
The SIG P938 Sport 13 or the 238 Sport 12, are limited edition SIGs. Not on web site or catalog. I was told by a gun shop owner that they are allocated to high volume SIG dealers.

I had a 938 Sport 13, back in 2013. Thought it was a bargain compared to regular production 938s

Registered
I pocket carry the BRG in a Galco pocket holster. The grips do not cause any problems with the draw. I have carried it in jeans, shorts, kakakis.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The P938 Sport-13 arrived yesterday at my LGS. Did the transfer today and fondled it for the first time. This feels like one sweet all metal, hammer fired pocket carry defense pistol! It checked off all of the boxes on my want list. It remains unfired but just gripping it feels really nice. I do prefer the feel of the seven round mag with the finger extension over the flush magazine.

It will be leaving me for a while before even going to the range. My Tillamook trigger is due here on Monday. I will the ship the 938 and Tillamook off to Bill Springfield for him to do his carry tune magic and install the new trigger for me.

Thanks for the inputs here, guys. It's great to finally be a Sig owner!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.