SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
P938 pocket holster that covers grip

I'm looking for a holster that I could use to carry my P938 in the front pocket of jeans, khakis, and shorts. Typically I wear pants that aren't baggy but not skinny jeans either. I'm interested in something that keeps the grip from printing while not being overly bulky. My initial searching took me to the Recluse and the Red Dog Gunleather as 2 possible options. Does anyone have experience and/or pictures of these options or recommendations of others that fit this description?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I carry mine in a galco. Advertised to fit this gun. I carry in front pocket. Hides well. Now if it is for a lady. You will have a problem as women's pants pockets seem to be very shallow. My wife cannot pocket carry this gun or the 290rs because of women's pants pocket size. Plus women tend to wear their clothes tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you order yours with the full sweat shield? Wondering if it's still usable in a pocket at that point. That's what I'm looking for is something that stops the grip from printing as well.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I use a Remora and like it... See photo to the left...

For what it's worth, I've done quite a bit of pocket carry during the past year plus... I have personal experience with Sticky, Remora, and DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters. The Nemesis is my least favorite due to its open muzzle end. The Sticky and Remora are very similar except for the material they are made of. Both are very good. The Remora material is more durable, but I like them both. The Remora is generally a better buy if cost is a concern, but neither are what I would consider expensive.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Did you order yours with the full sweat shield? Wondering if it's still usable in a pocket at that point. That's what I'm looking for is something that stops the grip from printing as well.
Sweat shield really isn't needed in your pocket IMO, but would work if your pockets are deep enough. Mine does not have a sweat shield.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have an Elite Survival Kordex that is not expensive, almost no print, and buries the safety. I am used to drawing with it so second nature but it can be tricky because it's not as sticky as some others. My cousin has a Sticky brand holster for his 938 and swears by it. I heard the Remoras are also good. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take a look at Braid's holsters:- Featured Products. I have a wallet holster for my P938, and it covers both safeties.
Do you have the P938 formed holster or the more generic one that fits multiple guns? I was just wondering how the printing is on the formed option if you took the flap off. How is that holster for a front pocket?

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Yes, Sweat Guard and Plush lining. Holster is tacky, stays in pocket while drawing. No belt loops or clips. Works as IWB also.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Do you have the P938 formed holster or the more generic one that fits multiple guns? I was just wondering how the printing is on the formed option if you took the flap off. How is that holster for a front pocket?
I have the formed option. Doesn't seem to print in my pockets. Always remember we all have different shapes and cuts of clothes. Might fit me OK but not necessarily you.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the Recluse as well. The squared off Version. Looks like a big cell phone or phablet. Works pretty well. Wish it was a hair tighter (more retention) but it draws nice and you can't tell what it is. I sent mine back after receiving it. I didn't care for how flimsy it was. He made me another with thicker hide. Great customer service and quick turn around time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have two of the Multi Holsters pocket holsters, one for my P938 which has a Crimson Trace and the other for my P938 with no laser. They are formed to fit exactly and they do fit perfectly. They are also surprisingly comfortable in the pocket.

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Desantis SuperFly here too, although it looks the Recluse performs the same function: Break up the obviousness of a gun grip.

I will say I'd hoped the Desantis, because of it's "sticky" nature supposedly being designed to be more like the "Sticky", would stay in my pocket better. It's OK, but I'm not going to brag about the stickiness. I has come out when practice drawing/dry fire at home. Often enough to mention.

I should also mention that for me, and I don't consider myself an expert, I find the cover flap to considerably degrade the draw. I'm basically pulling using one thumb until the grip clears the cover.

At least with the SuperFly I can remove the cover at will, as it's attached via Velcro. And when I add a laser, as is likely, I'm not sure what I'll do.

But you pick your poison, and for pocket carry I think "minimized print" fights against "draw speed".

I'll be watching for good ideas!

luck, - d

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.