SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another newbie question:D is there a better trigger (metal - preferably w/ holes)?? And yet again; can I do this myself AND will it void my warranty??

I love this Equinox - just want her with the best set up and make it for me

·
Registered
321 Posts
This is the only skeletonized trigger that I know of. It looks like they sold all of them, but try sending the seller a message. Maybe there are more in production?

Sig Sauer P938 P238 Stainless Skeletonized Trigger | eBay

For a straight stainless trigger with no holes, many members have used these-

New Page 1

As far as the warranty, I don't think it voids it but maybe someone else can clarify that. The above link has a Youtube link for the trigger removal-

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the only skeletonized trigger that I know of. It looks like they sold all of them, but try sending the seller a message. Maybe there are more in production?

Sig Sauer P938 P238 Stainless Skeletonized Trigger | eBay

For a straight stainless trigger with no holes, many members have used these-

New Page 1

As far as the warranty, I don't think it voids it but maybe someone else can clarify that. The above link has a Youtube link for the trigger removal-

Sigstainlesstriggerinstallation - YouTube
I saw those, too. Yhey need to make more! That's why I posted - in case someone knew another supplier of them

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was wondering how much such things go for. I think the Stainless trigger would look nice on my SAS.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just installed a Tillamook Precision stainless steel trigger into my P238. Pretty simple job really. On my particular pistol, I had to file a few thousandths off the back of the trigger in order to provide adequate over travel. In its stock form, the trigger was bottoming out against the mag release before it had traveled far enough for the sear to release the hammer.

It was a simple job though. And, IMO, a huge aesthetic improvement over the OEM trigger. BTW...the trigger for the P238 and P938 are identical. And you'd have to be very careful drilling cheese holes in it, because there's a small spring inside the trigger that keeps upward tension on the trigger strut so that it stays properly aligned with the disconnector..

·
Registered
195 Posts
I also installed a tillamook precision trigger in my 938. While at it, I also did some polishing and spring tuning to markedly improve the horrible stock trigger. It's not particularly hard for someone who is handy tearing down firearms but there are a few issues that require some acumen. First, the mag release on my gun is fiddly and finicky to get out and put back in. Second, you need the right tools and confidence to remove the trigger pin. You can't be afraid to hit it hard or you will never get it out. Third, if you dig into the guts, reinstalling the sear and sear spring can be a little tricky. All in all, its more complex that than a glock but easier than a CZ.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also installed a tillamook precision trigger in my 938. While at it, I also did some polishing and spring tuning to markedly improve the horrible stock trigger. It's not particularly hard for someone who is handy tearing down firearms but there are a few issues that require some acumen. First, the mag release on my gun is fiddly and finicky to get out and put back in. Second, you need the right tools and confidence to remove the trigger pin. You can't be afraid to hit it hard or you will never get it out. Third, if you dig into the guts, reinstalling the sear and sear spring can be a little tricky. All in all, its more complex that than a glock but easier than a CZ.
twowheels, I need to take mine back apart and do some polishing. I'm not particularly happy with the trigger on either my P238 or P938. I little lighter and smoother would be nice. I agree that you need to wack that trigger pivot pin pretty hard to get it started. I soaked mine over night in some Kroil oil and it freed up easier than what I had anticipated after reading all the horror stories.

·
Registered
14,670 Posts
Any change what so ever whether Cosmetic or otherwise Will Void the Sig Warranty.
That's what Sig Customer Service told Me. It's also in the Manual.

Tillamook Precision sells the SS Triggers for $40.00 including S & H.
They have a site and take Paypal and Money orders.

I had one put in My P 938 Equinox by a GS a few weeks ago. Looks great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts