SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a P938 that I purchased new just less than a month ago, I have shot a total of 250 rounds and my problem is that the take down pin is backing out just enough to catch the slide sometimes while I am shooting, therefore jamming the pistol. To get the round unjammed I can push the take down pin back into the pistol and the slide will move forward and I can continue to shoot. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so do you know of a solution? Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Were your 938 mine, I'd just call customer support rather than putting my faith in some internet ninja. Sig customer support is first rate, and the reps. are very informative.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Call sig but some have had issues with bending the take down Lever spring while cleaning. It can create an issue like that, but call sig. Mine is on its way back now.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Write out exactly what occurs and when, include pics if possible and specific types of ammo in use when it occurs. Call Sig and get a return.

·
Registered
285 Posts
back to sig

I had the same identical problem. it is both a problem with an out of spec takedown pin and the wrong spring. sent back to sig and no problems what so ever after return.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I have a P938 that I purchased new just less than a month ago, I have shot a total of 250 rounds and my problem is that the take down pin is backing out just enough to catch the slide sometimes while I am shooting, therefore jamming the pistol. To get the round unjammed I can push the take down pin back into the pistol and the slide will move forward and I can continue to shoot. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so do you know of a solution? Thanks.
according to the many threads involving issues with the 238 and the 938. i know the sigsauer.com website has a recall for the 238. the 938 from what i have been reading is an ejector issue that sig will replace.

·
Registered
801 Posts
according to the many threads involving issues with the 238 and the 938. i know the sigsauer.com website has a recall for the 238. the 938 from what i have been reading is an ejector issue that sig will replace.
The recall on the 238 is very old and involved just the very first models.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The recall on the 238 is very old and involved just the very first models.
Here is the recall on Sig's website:

Posted July 2009

Dear SIG SAUER Customer:

SIG SAUER, Inc. has initiated a Mandatory Safety Upgrade pertaining to our new Model P238™ pistols. We have determined that a small number of P238 pistols may have safety levers that are not manufactured to factory specifications. Under certain conditions, it may be possible for the lever not to be completely engaged in the safe position. In this condition, the gun will not fire when the trigger is pulled. However, when the safety lever is moved to the off position, the hammer may fall, with the remote possibility that the gun could fire unintentionally, thus creating a risk of injury or death.

There have been no reports of any injuries or mishaps; however, in accordance with SIG SAUER, Inc.’s commitment to provide customers with the highest quality products and services, we are issuing a P238 Mandatory Safety Upgrade, to return the identified product to factory specifications. Upon receipt of the firearm, SIG SAUER will, at no cost to the owner, eliminate the risk identified above by replacing the subject part and performing functional upgrades that have been incorporated into the P238, subsequent to its introduction. SIG SAUER will return the firearm, pre-paid, to the owner as quickly as possible.

If you have a SIG SAUER P238 with a serial number between DA000501 and DA003216, please cease use of the firearm immediately. Not all P238s within the identified serial number range are affected; therefore, it is imperative that you contact us. An operator will take your information and confirm if your firearm is required to be returned for Upgrading.

Available M-F 8:30am - 6pm (EST)
End-users and consumers may call the SIG SAUER CUSTOMER SERVICE department at 603-418-8102.
Dealers and distributors should call the SIG SAUER DEALER SERVICE department at 603-418-8136 or 603-418-8180.

This does not affect ANY of the 27Axxxxxx serialized pistols.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took my P938 back to gun shop today to have them take a look at it. They feel like its the ammo that I have been shooting, Winchester 147 gr hollow points and Remington 115 gr hollow points both would jam about 4 times out of a box of fifty. Im going to pick the gun back up tommorrow and hopefully get some rounds threw it before the end of the weekend. I will post if it does any better with different ammo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts