SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new P938 any suggestions on a good comfortable holster possibly one that can carry an extra mag? Thinking 6 shots I better get damn good at the range or have an extra mag if ever needed in the future. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Sorry, not enough information to even know were to begin in trying to answer your question. The good news is the P938 is small and light, so will carry well and comfortably in any number of holsters and in several locations on the body.

Your holster decision will be predicated on your body type, what kind of clothes you wear through the seasons, accessibility when driving and a whole lot more.

I suggest not worrying too much about a combo holster, as a small mag pouch can go elsewhere and that requirement *will* limit your choices.

Oh, and welcome from NV!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I totally concur with alien gear holsters. I use their cloak tuck iwb holster for my p238. It dwarfs the pistol in size but I suppose this adds to the comfort of carrying the p238. I literally forget that I am carrying.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ive been struggling to find one for my 938 also. The one that comes with it's a joke, then I bought a versa carry and I actually like it, but it's IWB and I really want a OWB just for comfort. But the versa is nice and for 24 bucks. I just ordered one of these, you can adjust the retention, it's kydex, such a small gun so it should be stable enough. http://www.desantisholster.com/C-H-A-M-P
Then I have a Blackhawk mag holder so I can carry my spare mag and get to it very easily, it clips on like a holster. So I have a 7 rounder in the gun and a second 7 rounder in my mag holder. Really hoping this new holster i ordered is the one. My wife's gonna kill me if I have to order another lol. I have a box of them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm assume this is your first carry handgun. Holsters are very subjective. What works for someone will not necessarily work for you. Similar to shoe preferences and your favorite ice cream, holster selection is an individual preference. A holster must be some what comfortable otherwise you won't wear it - I've have several holsters I don't use but you will not be able to find that out until after you buy them! First things first. Decide whether you are going to carry iwb or owb - I won't recommend aiwb for now unless you have some concealed carry experience. The next thing you may want to decide is whether to go with Kydex or Leather - either way insist that you can get a full purchase on your P239 before drawing from the holster. Some makers have iwb holsters that do not permit a full purchase on the handgun. There are many good holster makers. I have used JM Custom Kydex Holsters and Wright Leather Work Holsters. You may also want to check out DSG Holsters (Kydex) and JRC Holsters (Horsehide) Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are many very good holsters on the market, you just need to refine your needs (see above comments). I would urge you not to buy one that has an integrated mag holder. If you are ever in an emergency reload situation, you want to be able to quickly access your spare mag with your weak or off hand so that you can keep your weapon in your strong hand and eyes on the threat. Just buy a separate mag holder or double mag holder to wear on your belt, weak side.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I bought a Sticky pocket holster and find it really easy to carry wearing tactical shortsv(so no shortage of pockets). I also bought a custom Kydex OWB holster and mag carrier from Pyntech which are great. As I carry some weight I can't wear IWB comfortably. OWB can print in summer clothes so the choice for pocket carry in summer and OWB for open carry and winter months.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.