SIG Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some may recall the March 2013 Gun Tests review of the P938 which was quite bad due to Cor-Bon ammo issues. The primer was being shaved off. Has any one been using Cor-Bon 9mm +P ammo in the P938? And If so hows it run?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought two 938's last spring, for me and the wife. Initially neither would fire the higher pressure self defense ammo without some primer blowback and shaving of primer material. It just took a couple hundred rounds of lower pressure practice ammo and both will fire the higher pressure stuff without problems. The higher pressure ammo I refer to is quality defense rounds not +P stuff. I would speculate at this point the +P would not be a problem but I haven't bought any to test.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
I haven't used any CorBon ammo in my P938 but have run several different brands of increased pressure loads. No issues what so ever with any of the various +P rounds, in fact +P Gold Dots are loaded in my pocket as I type this. I did try some +P+ rounds and had issues. 38 rounds of +P+ run lead to 10 fail to chamber. The empty case always ejected but the slide would not properly close with the next round in the chamber. Over 1200 rounds down the pipe, these 10 failures were the only I've experienced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts