SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tested it over the last two months shooting various brands of FMJ and JHP in 115gr, 124gr, and 147gr for a total of 535 rounds. All shot flawlessly with the exception of the Federal Syntech ammunition. The coating on the bullet is not smooth and for some reason, the P938 just did not like it. Never had problems with the Syntech on my Legion P229 or M&P9FS.

On this last day of testing I shot the ammunition pictured below. I’ll be using the Federal HST 124gr as defensive ammo on this gun.

I’m 100% confident in my P938 and in my opinion, its an excellent CCW and would recommend it to anybody looking for a pocket or IWB gun.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Good report, good pics. I just started break in last week on my new P938. Only 100 rnds so far. So far so good. I expect that my final results will be the same as yours.
I see Magtech ammo in the pic. I have heard many negatives about Magtech. Glad to hear you had no trouble.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...I see Magtech ammo in the pic. I have heard many negatives about Magtech. Glad to hear you had no trouble.

No issues at all with Magtech ammo in any of my guns (P299 Legion, P938, M&P9FS).

It has become my favorite target ammo in 124gr. Great price too at less than $10 per box of 50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.