SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. After substantial research, I finally made my first sig purchase - the p938 extreme. I purchased the pistol new from a dealer online and had it sent to a local FFL shop. To my surprise, the mainspring housing was not the matching hogue g10 piranha MSH. Knowing that Sig began producing this model with the matching MSH back in 2015, I called sig to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off. They told me that they were having issues with Hogue producing the MSHs and are now selling the guns with black MSHs. The rep @ Sig however told me that IF they were to carry the Hogue MSHs again that they would send me one free of charge. I was pretty bummed about the whole thing and don't feel like paying the $50 + shipping to order the part from Hogue.

Anyway just wanted to put that out there for anyone that's in the market and is planning to buy one online.

Oh & random fact. The shop where I picked up the p938 from, also had an extreme model in stock that had the matching MSH. Their model and mine were both manufactured in February 2017. I guess I got the s**t end of the stick.

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,998 Posts
That's a bummer! Always figured the premium price of the Extreme was in part due to the G10 grips and MSH.

I took the G10 MSH out of mine because it wasn't as comfortable during range sessions as the standard black poly unit which I installed. But I would have been a bit let down if it hadn't come with the G10 MSH.

I was going to suggest calling SIG back and raising a fuss about it showing a G10 MSH on their web site, but I just looked and darn if it doesn't look like the Extreme in the pic has the standard ribbed black poly unit in it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Not really, but you should get the features you're paying more for. The extreme is priced a bit higher just for that reason . . . the grips and MSH.

Reactions: DubfromGA

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,998 Posts
Here's the standard black checkered poly MSH:

I think that you'd find it grips better than the ribbed one you have and it only costs a few bucks. Might be a good option till your G10 MSH comes in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Since your "born on" date is 2/17, make sure that, if you decide to buy a replacement that matches your Extreme, it's the current updated configuration internally. I don't think the pre-update design will work with the latest sear spring.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Welcome from PA! Sorry to hear something unusual.

Call SIG customer service. They will fix any problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from PA! Sorry to hear something unusual.

Call SIG customer service. They will fix any problem.

Update. I called Sig again today and the rep I spoke to this time said they no longer offer the g10 MSH because Sig "upgraded the MSH". Last time I called the rep said they were having issues with Hogue. This is not to mention my LGS has an extreme model in stock also manufactured 2/17 that had the matching Hogue MSH. I asked if Sig would send me a matching and they said no. I'm not a happy camper at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
I don't think I would be a happy camper either. I buy the Extreme models because of the G10 features. And you definitely pay for them.. At this point I guess it comes down to if you really want that MSH, do you just bite the bullet and order from Hogue and spend the extra cash?

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,998 Posts
Update. I called Sig again today and the rep I spoke to this time said they no longer offer the g10 MSH because Sig "upgraded the MSH".
The only MSH "upgrade" I'm aware of is the GEN2 MSH/sear spring, and SIG (and now Hogue) offered them in the G10 configuration; I have a GEN2 black checkered G10 MSH in my spares kit that I purchased from SIG. So, that's not the issue.

Sorry to say, but it seems if you want the G10 MSH for your Extreme, you will have to buy one.

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,998 Posts
Feeling Your Pain

I have the GEN1 G10 BLK/GRAY Piranha MSH (pictured in post #4) that came out of my Extreme when I upgraded to the GEN2 design.

If you have access to some basic machining capability it could be modified to the GEN2 design; would involve machining off the 1/8" post and drilling the 1/4" hole to accept the new sear spring design.

It's yours for the cost of shipping. PM me if interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.