SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about "electro optic" sight, like this one:

Does a sight like this improve accuracy or use of the P938? If so, why. Or why not?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
Greetings and welcome to SigTalk from Alaska.

I have not seen one on a P938, but I would imagine accuracy with is better than without.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to our forum.

Fullsize SIG Sauers and classic USGI 1911s have always been among my favourite guns; I never stop learning, and after almost 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at least twice a week.
This is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Shoot safe.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome from Florida. I don't know about a EOS on a P938 the pistol is small although I know Galloway Precision offer quite a few gunsmith services to include the milling of the P938 slide for an EOS. Again not sure how well it would work kind of making a small gun a medium size gun. IMHO

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
I wouldn't say better, but better is subjective. IMO, on guns this size, it is pointless to have fancy sights. About the only real advantage would be to have night sights installed so you can see the gun in the dark on your nightstand when awakened from a sleep. While many claim the guns are accurate, I suggest it isn't the gun that's accurate, but the shooter. If you can manage to hit with the gun you really won't need fancy sights on it. It's not a long distance gun. It's made for up close and personal situations, as it were, what most would call a "get back gun". I put night sights on a Glock 42 that I had and found them to give no discernible advantage. They looked cool, and I could see them in the dark, but come on...if you're stuck having to use a gun that size to shoot across the room you'd better be a damn good shot! Most aren't, btw. These guns are inherently hard to hit a target at longer distances with, so I suggest that it's better to recognize the limitations of the gun, meaning you're not really going to be using it for precision shooting, b/c it simply isn't designed for that, at longer distances, and put your money into something else, like more magazines, a good holster system, nicer grips, etc. Something that would be of actual use rather than a fancy set of sights for a belly gun. I mean why do you carry it, as a show off play purdy piece, or a real, serious defense tool, not meant for show until it needs to be used?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts