SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep I've demoted my P938 daily carry and found something I shoot and like better. My dream gun would be a single stack CZ or an all stainless P938. With neither around I picked up the Kahr MK9. It's a little smaller and thinner than the P938 but heavier. It feels very good in my hand and shooting it is actually enjoyable. Much less felt recoil than my P938. Not saying the P938 is not fun to shoot, but I'm usually done after a box. Still very much like the P938, just not carrying it as often now.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I am infatuated with my P938! Just wish I could purchase a S.S. frame for it. I personally like the extra heft.

How many rounds have you got through your MK9 and what are the groups like compared to the P938? I know very little about Kahrs. I have to say it looks like a decent little pistol.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've put exactly 300 rounds thru the Kahr and about 400 thru my P938. My groups with the Kahr are better. Not bullseye shooting, but a little tighter. The picture below is with my Sig at 7 yards. The triggers are obviously different, but I actually quite like the Kahr trigger. It is a long pull but very smooth and crisp. I actually wasn't that clued up on Kahr's either. Always thought of them as a cheap low end gun. From the research I did, they seem solid reliable guns. The extra weight does make it easier to shoot and get follow up shots on target. Very very similar in size to the P938.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I like the all-steel Kahrs. Unique and well made. I've handled one of the newer all-steel p238s, it was really nice. Congrats, Kahrs are actually high quality guns, just a little harder with chambering rounds by racking the slide and reloads.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congratulations on your MK9. It's a good looking gun. I have 3 Kahrs. A P380, the all steel K9, and the CM45. Fun to shoot, smoooth trigger. The 380 is my favorite to shoot at the range. My P938 SAS is my EDC, though. ��

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I also had to demote my 938. It was replaced by the shield. It's not been my edc but I did carry when I would be wearing a suit or needed good concealment.

I just have to much difficulty manipulating the gun and continue to hit the slide release. My hands are just too big and I'm not going to adjust my grip in a different way just for the 938. I just don't carry it enough to warrant the extra training to make sure my grip is perfect. Mag changes also always get hung up, it just unfortunately doesn't work for me. Extremely accurate and fine if I'm just slow shooting but it's just a tad to small for me to work consistently 100% of the time.

With the shield, no thought of changing the grip and the extra rounds with the magguts to carry 8+1, and 10 in the spare is just better. For the most part the shield is as easy to conceal.

It's too bad because the 938 is an excellent little shooter.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I had a PM9 and sold it, didn't like. Carried the 938 Equinox for the last couple of years. Semi retired it for the Kimber Micro9 I saw at Shot show this year. It was Kimber's Shot Show special. Desert tan with Crimson Trace laser grips, came with standard and extended magazines. Nice little gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like your new Kahr! I love their all metal guns, but don't care much for any of their polymer offerings. I wished Kahr Arms made an all metal .380 just like your MK9. The all metal guns are not cheap, that is for sure! They are very nice guns and cost as much as the Sig 938's. One day I will pick up a Kahr T9. I saw and held one in person for the first time recently at a gun show.. It was a beautiful looking gun and felt really nice in the hand. Just not sure about that heavier striker fired trigger pull for a range gun.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i regretfully also have demoted my 938. Like others, despite a lot of practice, I found myself occasionally failing to disengage the safety on draw during rapid fire multiple threat drills. Worse, on one range outing, in the middle of a rapid fire drill, I accidentally engaged the safety. That has only happened once, and I know, this is a grip issue. However, I have now relegated the 938 to pocket carry and have gone back to my old reliable Walther PPS.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I had a PM9 and sold it, didn't like. Carried the 938 Equinox for the last couple of years. Semi retired it for the Kimber Micro9 I saw at Shot show this year. It was Kimber's Shot Show special. Desert tan with Crimson Trace laser grips, came with standard and extended magazines. Nice little gun.
What have you found to be the difference between the kimber micro 9 and the p938. Having look at the kimber and read some, seems they are Clones of each other.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a Kahr. Pm9 maybe? Good gun but my hands are so big and long I'd press the mag release button with my fingers while shooting it lol. Gave it to my dad for his bodyguard. That was junk. Got rid of that for my p238. Best pocket gun period.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My 938s are about to be replaced with my PPS M2LE

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My 938 shoot pretty darn good. For what it is I am surprised. With that said I do not shoot a box of ammo then go shoot 600 yd plate with my rifle after, unless I don't care about accuracy.
I am running my shield at the moment to see how I like it with shorts.

I guess I tend to lean more toward hammer fire guns than strikers looking at my inventory. Don't know why. Odd

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have had three Kahrs, PM9, CM9 and a CW9, buttery smooth but long trigger pull, easy to carry, hard to rack the slide although I found CW was easier, good accuracy.

No issue at all on the CM and CW, but the Ni coating on the PM was peeling, factory had to replace the barrel twice before getting it right... the 1st replacement barrel I received was out of spec, unpolished and still had burrs. After that I lost confidence in their quality (and their QA process).

The long trigger pull is really not my thing, I sold them all. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Sorry, I prefer SA triggers and external hammers. Yes, the P938 is lighter, which is a plus for a carry gun.

If anyone can really find a gun that is both a great range gun AND a great carry gun, I'd like to hear about it.

I've been involved with firearms for 50 years and carrying regularly for 25. In my experience a pistol is either one or the other; can't be both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts