SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nice gun, love two tone SIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice, I bought my Daughter one just like yours. Hers has been very reliable, and she shoots some very tight groups with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not typically a two tone kinda guy. But I like the stainless on the slide and it cleaned up really well. At least from the shipping goo. Excited to put it through the paces to see how it handles

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
They like to run "wet" for the first few range sessions. Also, I suggest you use grease on the slide rails, rather than oil. I think you'll be happier if you do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Back from Sig

Just got my Army grn 938 back from Sig.
Mag drop problem shooting left handed solved. Stronger spring. Common fix apparently.

238 Equinox shoots fine after getting it back from a ambi. safety conversion.
Funny how some want to remove ambi's and others want to add them.

I requested they put a stronger mag release spring in for me while they had it and explained why and they apparently did as it feels about the same as the 938's new mag release spring and has 225 flawless rnds thru it so far.
Another couple hundred rnds thru each and I'll start testing defense rounds for EDC.

I'm impressed and pleased with my dealings with Sig so far.
DW

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very nice sir. I just traded for used SAS model. I like the melted treatment done on the slides of some of these models.

Looking forward to your range report.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got to put a few mags through the new gun today. Used Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ (cause it's free) and put 4 mags each of the 6 and 7 rounder through. Noticed a couple times the last round did not feed properly and did not get under the extractor. Chalking that up to either bad grip or little too dry. Either way it shot well.

Grouped really well but a little high. These pictures were at 15 yards Over all I'm pretty happy so far

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Got to put a few mags through the new gun today. Used Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ (cause it's free) and put 4 mags each of the 6 and 7 rounder through.

Grouped really well but a little high.
I've noticed 147 and 124 grain ammo shoots a couple of inches high at 7 yards. 115 grain ammo is typically dead on. YMMV...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got to put a few mags through the new gun today. Used Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ (cause it's free) and put 4 mags each of the 6 and 7 rounder through.

Grouped really well but a little high.
I've noticed 147 and 124 grain ammo shoots a couple of inches high at 7 yards. 115 grain ammo is typically dead on. YMMV...
Good to hear. I have some 115 at the house. But I gladly used the free 147gr. Hopefully we have some 124gr HST and not only 147gr

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Good to hear. I have some 115 at the house. But I gladly used the free 147gr. Hopefully we have some 124gr HST and not only 147gr
I carry 124 gr HST, but also have 147 gr HST and Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr. I also use Speer Lawman 124 gr and Blazer Brass 124 gr along with WWB 115 gr at the range. All feed and cycle well. Hope you enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Got to put a few mags through the new gun today. Used Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ (cause it's free) and put 4 mags each of the 6 and 7 rounder through. Noticed a couple times the last round did not feed properly and did not get under the extractor. Chalking that up to either bad grip or little too dry. Either way it shot well.

Grouped really well but a little high. These pictures were at 15 yards Over all I'm pretty happy so far
Very nice shooting especially at 15 yards! Wow!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts