SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

馃帠USN Retired
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like this pistol, just dont like the safety. Just feels good, like the 238 I own.

馃帠USA Veteran
If you mean could a P938 be "converted" to a DA/SA, I would say not. Certainly not at my skill level and realistically not by anyone no matter the skill level.

If you mean could a DA/SA pistol be designed/built in a package the size/weight of the P938, I would have to guess not based on the absence of anything like that (that I know of) available in the market place.

Say what you will about the P238/938, but IMHO it is a beautifully simple and minimalist design. A DA/SA design in that size pistol would be the proverbial 5 lbs. of you know what in a 2 lbs sack.

馃帠USN Retired
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the 238. Simple great shooter. I would rather have a Da/Sa. Just personal preferene

Banned
Yeah...just trade it for a DA/SA! LOL...just kidding, but I agree with ThnkFrst, I don't think it can be converted.

Registered
I just picked up a 938 Extreme and don't care for the ambi safety. I read here on the forum about having safety converted to be as on my 238 Extreme. I am going to either send it to Sig to have done or order parts and have it done locally.

Banned
I too would prefer DA/SA to SA, but haven't found a version in that sized package.
I was just thinking about the only possible version is the PPK. I wonder why Sig hasn't made something along the lines of a PPK size pistol. I think it would sell like wild fire.

馃帠USA Veteran
I was just thinking about the only possible version is the PPK. I wonder why Sig hasn't made something along the lines of a PPK size pistol. I think it would sell like wild fire.
SIG did make a PPK-like pistol, it's called the P230/232.

But both are 380 ACP and significantly larger/heavier than the 9mm P938.

Registered
Back in the 70's my father had a Colt Combat Commander (1911 SA) converted to DA/SA. Put a big fat hinged trigger on it and everything. BUT, the cost would have been outrageous. He had a gunsmith buddy and they worked on it together, but mostly the smith. It is not practical as many have said, but I would never say it is NOT doable.

馃帠USN Retired
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Senior Chief!
The new Springfield XDE might be what you're looking for. it's about the same size as the M&P Shield. Hammer fired SA/DA. Or maybe one of the Bersas??
Might have to go look at it today. The 238/938 are the sizes my wife likes to shoot, very petite hands. No Sailor jokes, okay, lol.
And thanks for the promotion. I am a retired Chief. STSC is Sonar Technician Submarines Chief.. The Surface guys are STG......Doesnt mater per say, as serving one hitch or 4 or 5 hitches means you served. Thanks
HooYah Navy..

Reactions: whittsailor

Registered
I just picked up a 938 Extreme and don't care for the ambi safety. I read here on the forum about having safety converted to be as on my 238 Extreme. I am going to either send it to Sig to have done or order parts and have it done locally.

It's an inexpensive, easy conversion. Call SIG and order a safety lever and hammer pivot pin for a P238. Only tool needed is a screwdriver to remove the grips. I've written the instructions here previously, takes maybe ten minutes at most. Difficulty, a 2 to 3 on the 10 scale.

Registered
I have P938 equinox that I removed the right safety.I ordered the P238 safety and hammer pivot pin from midwestgunworks. Just waiting for a new grip from highfiguregrips.com.

馃帠USN Retired
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You might have to compromise, especially since there aren't many DA/SA single stacks.
Havent researched Sigs da/sa much, but the 290, 230, 232 are, correct? 9mm/380..
I will venture out today to some stores. PSA is right down the road...

Registered
Havent researched Sigs da/sa much, but the 290, 230, 232 are, correct? 9mm/380..
I will venture out today to some stores. PSA is right down the road...
FYI, I don't think that the Springfield XDe is readily available, yet. I've seen some limited edition sets for sale, one post of an owner on XDtalk, and there are 150 locations nationwide where you can go to handle one. But, I doubt you will get your hands on one, easily.

馃帠USN Retired
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FYI, I don't think that the Springfield XDe is readily available, yet. I've seen some limited edition sets for sale, one post of an owner on XDtalk, and there are 150 locations nationwide where you can go to handle one. But, I doubt you will get your hands on one, easily.
I am going to hit GM, PSA, Field and Stream and one little shop here. Gives me an excuse to get out of the house.

Reactions: Orange
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.