SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signess, I've got it bad so here is the latest. Added 2 Sig 229s in the past 2 weeks this started out looking at a Legion or 225A1. Neither has been purchased.
I ran across a P6 225 for half the cost of a new 225A1 are these a worthy purchase. Parts availability? Only one mag, but I have a line on a few mags locally,
The pistol has box n manual? Box does not appear to be era appropriate (400.00 otd).

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
The older 225 is a solid gun, and mags are both less expensive and easier to acquire than they are for the 225A1. I'd say that if it feels good in your hand, go for it.
I've never held an original 225, but I do have a 225A1. Finest Sig I've owned.

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
P225's are fantastic. Sounds like your price is reasonable as long as the condition is good. Mags are plentiful on GunBroker. An online dealer got some P6 trainers last year that they're parting out, so parts are plentiful. The hard parts to come by are extractors and barrels. Your barrel should be good and extractors can be purchased from Gerry at Total Automation (he just posted here the other day).

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Signess, I've got it bad so here is the latest. Added 2 Sig 229s in the past 2 weeks this started out looking at a Legion or 225A1. Neither has been purchased.
I ran across a P6 225 for half the cost of a new 225A1 are these a worthy purchase. Parts availability? Only one mag, but I have a line on a few mags locally,
The pistol has box n manual? Box does not appear to be era appropriate (400.00 otd).
First off, if it's a P6, the manual will more than likely be in German, and it will be a little blue box...

If it's a P225, it will depend on the decade produced, on the correct box, but basically I believe it's '80s fitted cardboard, '90s brown poly, 2000s blue poly...

Both New, and Used magazines are available at: Magazine, 9mm, 8 Round, New (Factory) Gun Parts | 810950 | Numrich Gun Parts for New...
Magazine, 9mm, 8 Round, Blued, Used (Factory) Gun Parts | 810960 | Numrich Gun Parts for Used...

I know how you feel about the P6/P225... here's mine..

P.S. Stay away from Pro Mags!

Attachments

·
Read Only
7,297 Posts
I really like the 225/P6. I had a chance a while back to buy one.. I am really rethinking getting one. 225A1 is nice no doubt, but too pricey right now..

·
Registered
821 Posts
That's a good price for either a P6 or P225 in good condition today.

Mine came in a black poly box that looks like Willard's blue one. I bought it NIB in 2001, but there's no date on the box label. They were half the price of a new P225-A1 back then too.

Edit: It has an AB date under the chin, so it's an '01 model. Duh!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Don't take my impression of what box was offered when, to be anything but my impression... My P220 with a 1990 birthdate came in a box I observed most of my departments late '80s model P226s came in. My '90s model P225, and P226-9mm came in the brown ones, my P226R-40 came in the blue one, along with my departments same model. My newest acquisitions came in the black ones, with birthdates in 2013. So I'm generalizing!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All great responses very informative, the box is a blue poly, German manual
And serial# starts with M-48,

Big thank you!

·
Registered
821 Posts
All great responses very informative, the box is a blue poly, German manual
And serial# starts with M-48,

Big thank you!
That would make it an '81-'82 model. Most likely a P6 and it should come in the little blue box like Willard's.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
That's a good price for either a P6 or P225 in good condition today.
We have not determined whether we are talking about a P6 or a P225 have we?

I bought it NIB in 2001, but there's no date on the box label. They were half the price of a new P225-A1 back then too
I was not aware that SIG was producing the P225A1 back in 2001.

I may be called a heretic ...but I have ZERO interest in the P225A1. I have a few P6 and P225 and do love them. I had always rather have an original.

·
Registered
821 Posts
We have not determined whether we are talking about a P6 or a P225 have we?
I was reasonably sure it was a P6, but bblr has a P225 in that serial number range, so it could be a P225. :)

I was not aware that SIG was producing the P225A1 back in 2001.
I bought the original P225 in 2001. They were NIB for half the price of what a P225-A1 sells for now. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, the P6 hammer isn't solid, it looks like a shepard's crook (to me). Apparently this was to let W. German police armorers know if the pistol had been dropped on the hammer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
P6 trigger

Has anyone installed an aftermarket trigger on their P6 to lighten the DA trigger action? Prefer to know about one that has had some use and is 100% reliable as I carry my P6 when I want something more concealable than my P226. Also, WD Guns LLC has used factory P6 magazines in VG condition for $26 plus $8 shipping. Got them in 2 days and they are real deal and work flawlessly.

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
I installed the new style mainspring assembly in my P6 (with the plastic seat). It made a noticible difference in trigger pull. It required a slight modification to the inside of the grip panels.

I've also bought mags from WD Guns. They're the best deal around on used mags.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are the old ones single stack mags as well ? Size wise how does it compare with the m11-a1 ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts