SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the P365SAS has a version with a ported barrel and slide but has anyone modded their P365XL with ported slide and barrel or a longer barrel Ported at the tip like the S&W Shield EZ performance center is ported?

I know this reduces felt recoil and also understand one would loose a little velocity as well.

Curious if anyone has done this how much difference does it make and how does it look?

Thanks, Josh

·
Registered
934 Posts
Having owned an SAS, the porting, subjectively, does seem to help muzzle flip...tho' it isn't a big deal in the 365 in any case.
Also clocked the SIG 365 ammo in both the ported and unported guns...the lot of rounds made more difference than the type of barrel. Both were around 1100 fps.
As regards the XL, can't help you.
Moon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having owned an SAS, the porting, subjectively, does seem to help muzzle flip...tho' it isn't a big deal in the 365 in any case.
Also clocked the SIG 365 ammo in both the ported and unported guns...the lot of rounds made more difference than the type of barrel. Both were around 1100 fps.
As regards the XL, can't help you.
Moon
That helps a little thanks.

I think the XL already has a bit less recoil then the P365 but I'm curious if anyone has considered doing this to the XL?

I also think aesthetically it would look really nice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If your interested in recoil control Parker Mountain Machine has the only Ransom Rest verified reduction I've seen. The 365 was released a couple months ago and the 365XL is due by November. They have a great video on their site. "yield a 30-40% reduction in muzzle climb"

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p465/P365-Micro-Comp.html

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Interesting, I watched the video and it failed to show when and how the shims are to be used.

·
Registered
21 Posts
shims are on the installation video

P365 JTTC Installation

Ransom rest yield a 30-40% reduction in muzzle climb is on the story video

P365 JTTCIG story 6/1/2020

·
Registered
189 Posts
Out of curiosity, does anyone have the P365 JTTCIG comp?

This might be something my wife would appreciate (that I can buy without her getting too ****** at me, since it's a firearm related item).

I did see another video on their site. It seemed to take quite a bit of the muzzle flip out...

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
445 Posts
shims are on the installation video

P365 JTTC Installation
I had watched the video before commenting, and just went back and watched again. It shows the shims laying on the bench but not how to use them. I guess to align the comp in "pretension", and i suppose trial and error before applying the locktite.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, I don't particularly care for that though, I am hoping to just have the slide cut and the barrel ported to come out those cuts like on the SAS but more stylized.

I'm sure someone out there has done that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks for the info, I don't particularly care for that though, I am hoping to just have the slide cut and the barrel ported to come out those cuts like on the SAS but more stylized.

I'm sure someone out there has done that.
Magnaport does what I think you're looking for...
https://www.magnaport.com/hgun.html

Here's a link to their price list. https://www.magnaport.com/misc.html

Looks like it'll be about $167.50 to do two trapezoidal ports cut into the barrel and slide.

They did a Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley for me some time ago. Great work and did a good job of reducing muzzle flip.

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
not exatly what you're looking for but people are having good results with the Archon mini comp, it uses a clamp system instead of set screws or shims making it easier to remove and switch to other platforms. if thats too big for you both Griffin armament and HB industries make comps that aren't much larger than a standard thread protector. All of these of course require a threaded barrel.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,290 Posts
How do you remove the barrel for cleaning with the JTTC installed?

·
Registered
743 Posts
How do you remove the barrel for cleaning with the JTTC installed?
Thought the same, and it doesn't look like you remove it at all.

TBH, not that the external part of a barrel is hard to clean and requires complete removal to do so. Take out the recoil assembly and rotate the barrel in the slide.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes that is more what I'm looking for. thank you.
I like compensators on race guns, but I got a P365, because it's small and easy to carry...

So...

I decided I'm interested in having Mag-na-port "auto-port" one of my P365's...

I spoke with them a few minutes ago and they indicated this is pretty popular on the Sig P365s (I've never seen anyone here or anywhere for that matter with an Auto-ported P365).

They indicated that I can ship just the slide and barrel to them (not the entire firearm) with a note indicating what I want and my contact information. They said they'll bill me at the completion of work and add the return shipping cost. Their turnaround is between 7 and 10 days :D

I confirmed the cost ($167.50 + Return Shipping).

Now, all that's left to do is get my slide and barrel sent out! Hopefully, I'll get that done over lunch :)

When I get it back, I'll get some pics and hopefully get it out to the range and compare it with my other P365 and see if there is any difference in perceived muzzle flip :)

Blessings all,
DocS

·
Registered
445 Posts
I like compensators on race guns, but I got a P365, because it's small and easy to carry...

So...

I decided I'm interested in having Mag-na-port "auto-port" one of my P365's...

I spoke with them a few minutes ago and they indicated this is pretty popular on the Sig P365s (I've never seen anyone here or anywhere for that matter with an Auto-ported P365).

They indicated that I can ship just the slide and barrel to them (not the entire firearm) with a note indicating what I want and my contact information. They said they'll bill me at the completion of work and add the return shipping cost. Their turnaround is between 7 and 10 days :D

I confirmed the cost ($167.50 + Return Shipping).

Now, all that's left to do is get my slide and barrel sent out! Hopefully, I'll get that done over lunch :)

When I get it back, I'll get some pics and hopefully get it out to the range and compare it with my other P365 and see if there is any difference in perceived muzzle flip :)

Blessings all,
DocS
I picked up an extra xl slide assembly and barrel and think I will have this done. Something else to play with.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was able to get it mailed out and ended up sending the one I carry everywhere, everyday :)

Now, it's just a waiting game, while I cycle the other one into daily use.
I'm glad my 500 S&W has a compensator on it, or it would have gone long ago...

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was able to get it mailed out and ended up sending the one I carry everywhere, everyday :)

Now, it's just a waiting game, while I cycle the other one into daily use.
I'm glad my 500 S&W has a compensator on it, or it would have gone long ago...

Blessings,
DocS
Did they give you any idea of what it will look like or the dimension of the cuts or anything like that at all?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Did they give you any idea of what it will look like or the dimension of the cuts or anything like that at all?
All of Magnaport jobs are Trapezoid.

I think they look nice and work well. On my Blackhawk it worked pretty well.

Blessings,
DocS

1 - 20 of 70 Posts