SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
They add 1.5oz. I got more benefit out of the increased size of the Wilson Combat grips myself than the weights.

The gun does feel slightly heftier with the weights but with or without them with a stiff wrist the gun is fun.

Personally, I love the WIlson Combat grips. I'm not in any rush to take the weights out, but I doubt I'd miss them if they weren't in there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They add 1.5oz. I got more benefit out of the increased size of the Wilson Combat grips myself than the weights.

The gun does feel slightly heftier with the weights but with or without them with a stiff wrist the gun is fun.

Personally, I love the WIlson Combat grips. I'm not in any rush to take the weights out, but I doubt I'd miss them if they weren't in there.
Thanks. Ive already purchased the weights but was considering weather or not to install them based on a few opinions about not adding enough weight to be beneficial. I have noticed a slight difference in my compact but maybe because I'm used to carrying a full size sidearm instead of a compact 15rd.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ive already purchased the weights but was considering weather or not to install them based on a few opinions about not adding enough weight to be beneficial.
I recently slapped my FCU into a P365 Wilson, including the weights. Adding 46 grams to the grip area doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But Bill Wilson and his minions know a whole lot about making guns that are shootable. I figure they know a little bit more than I do, so that's why I paid the extra eighteen bucks. I've only shot the gun a little since putting it together, and I was surprised that it was shooting better than one of my other nice guns. Most of the difference, I believe, is because of the superior ergonomics of the Wilson module. I'll need to sling more lead to be more certain about the improvement, but I'll certainly be leaving the weights in the module.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently slapped my FCU into a P365 Wilson, including the weights. Adding 46 grams to the grip area doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But Bill Wilson and his minions know a whole lot about making guns that are shootable. I figure they know a little bit more than I do, so that's why I paid the extra eighteen bucks. I've only shot the gun a little since putting it together, and I was surprised that it was shooting better than one of my other nice guns. Most of the difference, I believe, is because of the superior ergonomics of the Wilson module. I'll need to sling more lead to be more certain about the improvement, but I'll certainly be leaving the weights in the module.
I guess that extra cash will only matter once I get to test them out when my build is finished. Waiting for TLR7 Sub and holster then I’ll post pics and my opinion.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks. Ive already purchased the weights but was considering weather or not to install them based on a few opinions about not adding enough weight to be beneficial. I have noticed a slight difference in my compact but maybe because I'm used to carrying a full size sidearm instead of a compact 15rd.
There's no harm in using some silicon glue on the tips so they don't rattle while you test them out. The silicon should come off pretty easily if you decide you like it 1.5oz lighter.

If you don't mind it rattling while you test it at the range you can get away with just dropping them in dry to see how you like it.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
I installed the weights and its not a big difference. But I can feel it as I am sensitive. Keeping the weights. Have on my 365 too now.

Reactions: Gearsnsigs

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Installed the weights on my XL. Carry it every day at work and can't tell any difference in carry weight.
At the range, the more round Wilson grip makes the biggest impact but the weights do help a bit with recoil and recovery.
It's one of those things that are nice to have, but doesn't take away from the Wilson grip if you don't add them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Installed the weights on my XL. Carry it every day at work and can't tell any difference in carry weight.
At the range, the more round Wilson grip makes the biggest impact but the weights do help a bit with recoil and recovery.
It's one of those things that are nice to have, but doesn't take away from the Wilson grip if you don't add them.
People have recommended silicone for a more permanent installation. any particular brand will do or do I need to be specific?

·
Registered
459 Posts
People have recommended silicone for a more permanent installation. any particular brand will do or do I need to be specific?
I chose to use Permatex Right Stuff 90 Minute Gasket Maker. It remains somewhat flexible, like silicone, so it would be easy to remove. It's resistant to chemicals, it's black, so it matches the gun, and it sets up pretty quickly.

·
🎖USMC Veteran
125 Posts
Type in search header WC P365 Grip Module over 600 comments, pictures, and range reports.
The vast majority very complimentary, many include Tungsten Weights, and how to use silicon to secure weights in grip module.
Below was a picture I submitted when I added, Grip, weights, straight trigger.
Very happy with upgrade, improved grip, accuracy, felt the reduction in Recoil, especially in rapid string of shots. Quicker and more accurate groupings.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just got some loctite silicone sealant at a local hardware store.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002BBX3U?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_9QDB0JQAGJZS5WPKN44V

It really shouldn't matter if it's not a specific brand. It's permanent in that it will keep the rods from moving around but easily removed. I think WC recommends either that or a heavy grease to keep them from moving around. Silicone glue to me seems less messy and peels away easily once dried if needed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Added the weights to mine as well. The weight difference equates to approximately 4 rounds. Essentially it means that the reduction of weight as a PERCENTAGE is less with the weights installed as you empty the magazine. Being in NY means I’m restricted to 10 rounds. So, my reduction as a percentage would be even less than constitutional states. I do not notice the difference when carrying at all.
If you get the weights from Armory Craft, they will come with the silicon glue.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Added the weights to mine as well. The weight difference equates to approximately 4 rounds. Essentially it means that the reduction of weight as a PERCENTAGE is less with the weights installed as you empty the magazine. Being in NY means I’m restricted to 10 rounds. So, my reduction as a percentage would be even less than constitutional states. I do not notice the difference when carrying at all.
If you get the weights from Armory Craft, they will come with the silicon glue.
Are The armory craft weights the same overall weight or just extended to reach the top of the cutouts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got some loctite silicone sealant at a local hardware store.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002BBX3U?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_9QDB0JQAGJZS5WPKN44V

It really shouldn't matter if it's not a specific brand. It's permanent in that it will keep the rods from moving around but easily removed. I think WC recommends either that or a heavy grease to keep them from moving around. Silicone glue to me seems less messy and peels away easily once dried if needed.
[/QUOTE

Perfect. Thanks. Had been wondering if this would work.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts