SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the P365XL with the Romeo Zero. Love it! But I’m also bored. After shooting my buddy’s P365 and being surprised by how small the difference in recoil is, I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a P365 optics-ready slide, barrel, and spring assembly to convert my XL.
Anyone done this? Do you like how it turned out?

Anyone have any suggestions? Threaded barrel? Brands? Please share pics if you have something you like.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,111 Posts
You have come to the right place for ideas. I'm from an anti gun state so it is difficult for me to just buy another gun, so, I rely on extras. I have an XL, but I also bought an extra standard grip module as well as a standard slide and an SAS slide. I currently pocket carry the xl frame with the standard slide (365x) and think it is great. There are members who have milled their standard slides and I have read positive reports. Chances are good you will hear from those members. I just wanted to pop a reply to get things started.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just bought a P365XL to go with my two P365s, and I have to admit that I had very high expectations when I first shot it. I enjoy shooting my P365s so much that I figured when I shot the larger gun it would impress the freakin' hell out of me. Instead I was left a little bit underwhelmed. It's still a great shooter mind you, but I actually shot tighter groups with the smaller gun! Now I want to see what it's like to shoot a "P365X" with the short slide on the XL frame. Fortunately the P365 is such a cool design that it's easy to mix n' match uppers and lowers similar to an AR-15 and come up with a combo that you really like.

·
Registered
772 Posts
You can sell the slide assembly for good money and either find a slide from a breaker or buy all new parts from sig or go all custom. Custom slides may already be milled for a red dot. Or buy a stock slide and barrel; then get the slide milled.

On the money side, a short grip is 40 is and pieces to fit 12 round mags to the short grip are 20 per mag.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I recently had a P365 slide cut for a Romeo Zero. I currently have it on a standard P365 frame with a True Precision threaded barrel:

57DC4A75-6380-4A9E-9DDA-ABA9A0E8EEB5.jpeg

The threaded barrel makes it just about as long as the XL:

C9D595D8-5E53-4DA3-AAA1-F244187D791A.jpeg

I may go ahead and change to suppressor-height sights (the cut by Maple Leaf does not have cowitness with the factory sights, too shallow). Here it is wearing an Omega 9K:

7AA7E53B-72F2-469C-8862-6D0436A509B9.jpeg

Let us know how your project comes out and be sure to post some pictures.

Reactions: J0SH and Mdeezyh2

·
Registered
24 Posts
I usually pocket carry the P365 in a leather holster. I carry the XL IWB at 4 o'clock. I don't see any big difference shooting the XL vs the P365 w/12 round mag.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you plan to use it as a carry piece, I would just buy a P365 outright and keep it as stock as possible. For the cost of a factory slide and barrel, you’re really not that far off of a new gun anyways. Be cautious if you plan to go aftermarket. I went with an aftermarket slide, and after nearly $1k in upgrades, it was unreliable. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve completely stripped it for troubleshooting. I ended up buying a new stock P365 to carry with TFX Pro sights being the only upgrade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently had a P365 slide cut for a Romeo Zero. I currently have it on a standard P365 frame with a True Precision threaded barrel:

View attachment 387202

The threaded barrel makes it just about as long as the XL:

View attachment 387198

I may go ahead and change to suppressor-height sights (the cut by Maple Leaf does not have cowitness with the factory sights, too shallow). Here it is wearing an Omega 9K:

View attachment 387201

Let us know how your project comes out and be sure to post some pictures.
Who cut the slide for your p365?

·
Registered
539 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts