SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I love my P365XL, but at $1200 retail, am I missing something on the P365XL Spectre?!? As far as I can tell, it's got a "custom slide" that has holes in it and looks like it's been dragged through heck and back, and a laser-stippled grip. Other than that, it's got the same sights, same trigger, etc as the standard P365XL?

I'm not sure how Phil got through that vid with a straight face. 馃槀

Registered
Ok, so I love my P365XL, but at $1200 retail, am I missing something on the P365XL Spectre?!? As far as I can tell, it's got a "custom slide" that has holes in it and looks like it's been dragged through heck and back, and a laser-stippled grip. Other than that, it's got the same sights, same trigger, etc as the standard P365XL?

I'm not sure how Phil got through that vid with a straight face. 馃槀
Most likely someone paid a consultant to do a focus group on different, new, and/or semi-custom versions of the P365 for market potential purposes.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most likely someone paid a consultant to do a focus group on different, new, and/or semi-custom versions of the P365 for market potential purposes.
That seems likely. But I would have hoped that at a list price that is almost twice that of a regular P365XL, they would have at least included a trigger upgrade. Seems like a pretty steep price hike for nothing more than questionable aesthetics and a grippier module. But I'm guessing people are buying them anyway.

Registered
People will spend between $400 and $600 for a stock GLOCK, SIG, Springfield XD series, S&W, etc and then spend hundreds of dollars for someone to distress it for them as an aftermarket service. All SIG is doing is cutting out the middle person.

Registered
I initially liked the Spectre but then I saw one in the store.

I like the distressed finish, but the slide cut seems too gimmicky. I would have rather seen cuts similar to the P320 X Carry than Sig trying to pattern an "X" with the cuts (or no cuts at all).

I think you can get a standard XL, get the slide distressed and add a few cuts for less than what a Spectre costs and have a better looking handgun.

Oh.... and I don't think there is any performance advantage with the Spectre over a standard XL.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you can get a standard XL, get the slide distressed and add a few cuts for less than what a Spectre costs and have a better looking handgun.
Grayguns adjustable trigger and laser sculpted grip module - $194

Taking some steel wool to your slide - free.

:cool:

Super Moderator
Anyone for a $1,200. Truck or toolbox gun.
Have not seen in person, pics look of negligent care. IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts